cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will graphics get better?

scopus321
Expert Protege
hey i have s7, and wondering if the games being released they are making the graphics only good enough for note5 and s6? are there  games that are also pushing the limits of whats capable on the new more powerful s7?
31 REPLIES 31

scopus321
Expert Protege

its going to take far more than 10 years to have a gpu like the 1080 to fit in a phone and by then the 1080 gpu in a pc would be the power of a intel grfx card compaired to what a pc would have at that same time

this is not definitive, we could very well see in 10 years, even stronger if nano tech begins to be implimented. Ofcourse pc will always surpass mobile power, but i think once we have mobile at current pc level, who will even think about investing in a pc for vr besides a few like us VR freaks. I think it will always remain high end enthusiast tech.  Maybe now you guys dont see it and just view mobile VR as a gimmick, but eventually it will be mainstream and better than cv1/vive.
Mobile Vr is the future of vr. If not on a mobile phone than a stand alone device, but tethered to a pc, nope. 

falken76
Expert Consultant

andyring said:

andyring said:

problem is your thinking a phone has good grfx to start with lol

You're joking aren't you?  Have you played any games on a Galaxy S6 or S7?  The picture is incredible.

Are you joking? It's a freeking cell phone strapped to your face. Do you really think it's even vaguely close to a PC+ a Rift or Vive? 

I'd say it is fairly close, yes.

I don't think it's nearly the same, it lacks the horsepower of a true PC.  A PC with very high requirements and large storage capacity.  The GPUs driving the games inside of those PCs are huge, most requiring two fans and a 600+ watt power supply.  Vive has their motion controllers released and Oculus has the touch that exists right now.  I would think you're only able to experience some things that don't require the horsepower.  The phones today are nowhere close to an intel I5 or greater with 8+ gigs of ram and a state of the art current day video card you couldn't touch for under $280.  But I'm sure you could view 360 photos and watch some movies and stuff.  But no way will you be able to play games like they have on PC right now.  Maybe years down the road...  You do have a wireless headset though which is cool.