cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APK is signed with Signature Scheme V3, which is not yet supported.

Ilanb
Explorer
Surprise ! today I try to upload a new build on RC channel and this message appear:

APK Signed With Signature Schema V3
APK is signed with Signature Scheme V3, which is not yet supported. Please disable signing with Scheme V3 and upload again.

I always published builds (24) with same project and setup...

https://screencast.com/t/Owk5ggRklE

Unity 2018.2.18f1 OSX Oculus utility 1.31

How to correct this ? it's unity problem signing ? 
15 REPLIES 15

Garrett_PVR
Honored Guest
That solved it for me also!!! Though I had to put my passwords in "password" because of special characters.

nogravitydev
Honored Guest
Many, many thanks!!! I spent over 50 hours to find why production build has that problem 

YerbaBuenaVR
Explorer
Can we get word from Oculus on when will this be properly fixed? It is affecting our build process, and it is quite strange that a setup that has been working previously is suddenly not supported.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus has addressed this now - https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/73099/apk-is-signed-with-signature-scheme-v3#latest

spatialfree
Explorer

spacefrog posted a workaround on a separate thread, it worked for me.

***from spacefrog***
I was able to fix my issue by using the jarsigner ( from the JDK bin folder ) to resign the apk with V1 scheme.
The syntax ( commandline, though i made a batch script which lets me drag and drop the apk onto it ) for this would be:

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore <KEYSTORE> -storepass <STOREPWD> -keypass <KEYPWD> <APKFILE> <ALIASNAME>

The parts in bold ( including the enclosing  <...> ) should of course be replaced with your specific values

This will happen if you don't sneak into the apk and delete the META-INF dir
 ERROR: The APK is signed using Signature Scheme V1, however it was previously signed with V2, and re-signed on top with V1. Such APKs are treated as corrupted, and won't be able to install.

peterwilkinson
Honored Guest
Go to the Oculus Folder.
Click on the Settings file that's just inside there.
Look at the inspector, make sure GO/GearVR is checked.

Problem solved.