cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional validation

Imascono
Honored Guest
Hi everyone,
My app is development to oculus go, when upload it, the server returns this message to me:
- This upload includes a library from an Oculus SDK newer than 1.41, which is incompatible with Gear VR.

Do you know what could be the solution?
Thanks!

peggwua4ri7p.jpg
5 REPLIES 5

Imascono
Honored Guest
In oculus go show me the app like "Incompatible "

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same for me...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same--it's explained here:
https://developer.oculus.com/blog/gear-vr-app-development-no-longer-supported-from-sdk-suite-142-and...
but why "Gear VR" is still referenced in the SDK is, well, confusing. 

The link above has a link to the legacy SDKs (though it references 1.41, and I can only find 1.40)--I'm in the messy process of downgrading my project.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same--it's explained here:
https://developer.oculus.com/blog/gear-vr-app-development-no-longer-supported-from-sdk-suite-142-and...
but why "Gear VR" is still referenced in the SDK is, well, confusing. 

The link above has a link to the legacy SDKs (though it references 1.41, and I can only find 1.40)--I think I've managed to roll my project back. Thankfully, I only really needed the Platform and VR portions, as the /Oculus/Spatializer folder had namespace conflicts with my Facebook Audio 360 integration, and the other parts started whining when I deleted the Spatializer folder.

Note that if you're using a newer Unity (I'm using 2019.2) you'll have to close Unity and manually delete the Oculus folder (and its attendant .meta file) cuz' you'll get an error about a .dll if you try to delete it from within the Unity program. Most of my setting stayed the same (Platform settings, for instance), but I noticed the OVRManager switched over my Target Device to Quest.

Imascono
Honored Guest
Hi everyone!

Thanks for reply, I found the solution.
Before attempting to upload your build, make sure to go to the "Specs" node within the "Submit Your App" section, and ensure that none of the GearVR devices are selected. If any of the GearVR devices are selected on this page, then there is an automatic check for GearVR compatibility. 

Hope it helps you!

2sf1ky78aqg2.jpg