cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Oculus Store team work or have they all been quarantined and the office closed?

SanBase
Explorer
The site says that the team works remotely, but I have a feeling that the guys stopped working at all...

Our application (Fractal Alchemist) was approved a week ago (we received an e-mail about this), but the application has not appeared in the Oculus Store till now. We sent several emails to the “submissions” and made a request to the “contacts” asking them about the situation, but received no response. Finally, we got an message from "submissions" (on Monday):

"The updates you requested have not yet been approved. Please review the changes you need to make here (link). After making the necessary changes, please submit your update again. We typically review metadata update requests within 1-2 business days"

We answered (on Tuesday morning):

"In fact, this link does not contain a list of bugs or comments, there is only an asset check (which did not change) and a malware test (nothing was found, of course).
Actually we just don’t understand what changes we need to make ...
The application has already been approved once, and we have not changed the metadata or any key components.
Just in case, we updated the build again and sent it back for review, but there was no reaction, except for an automatic email message.
Could you explain, please, in more detail what is required?"

Today is Wednesday, but again no reaction followed. I don’t understand - is this a normal Oculus practice or is it just that we were out of luck?

San

13 REPLIES 13

StrangeGames
Honored Guest
I have to say I'm a bit frustrated as well. I'm working with store teams on three other platforms and I still get daily responses. I haven't been able to get a response from anyone at Oculus for weeks now. I don't know what's up but it's very frustrating. It's beginning to look like we'll just have to skip Oculus for now as we have issues with submission and can't get support. If anyone has a contact that will respond, it would be great to hear how to reach someone.

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

I have to say I'm a bit frustrated as well. I'm working with store teams on three other platforms and I still get daily responses. I haven't been able to get a response from anyone at Oculus for weeks now. I don't know what's up but it's very frustrating. It's beginning to look like we'll just have to skip Oculus for now as we have issues with submission and can't get support. If anyone has a contact that will respond, it would be great to hear how to reach someone.

At least you getting paid. Oculus has not paid us in 4 months, making lies and excuses to why our money is not being paid out to us. they owe us over $2,500 and keep saying someone put a hold on our account, then aft3er hold was lifted said our bank rejected the payment yet my bank says that there was never any transfer. Oculus don't care about its devs anymore. they stealing our money and making excuses to defer payment further and further. it is disgusting a billionare like mark won't cut us our check. we are moving our games to steam TBH

SanBase
Explorer

also your game says it is approved for KEYS ONLY and this means your game fell short of their review process and don't meet their standards for store approval.

7j2iudjzmu5m.png

also looking here THIS is revision status of your text, images and information. NOT THE GAME BUILD

j9w2sfzd8mdb.png

This is not so.... The site really says that the application (this is not a game) is approved only for keys, but this is an old message. After that we received a email that the application was approved for the Oculus Store. And the label "only for keys" has disappeared. But a day later it appeared again with the status "under review by Oculus" and in this status it remains for the third week.

>First when in a seated position, I start half under ground. might want to adjust the starting position a bit higher.

Hmmm... Strange. You should be at 1.3m if your headset is set up correctly. But in any case, you can change the position of the joystick.

>Second, the button mappings seem to change when clicking on things, this is ver disorienting to someone that has not seen a tutorial or button mappings.(add a tutorial that walks them through using their button mappings)

I do not understand what you mean. There are only two buttons. One (main trigger) activates or moves the object, the second (lower trigger) - cancels the action. A description of this is on the first page of the Manual (the book lies on the floor at your right foot).

>moving inside the fractal it was super laggy.

Well, if the programs for CPU calculate such a fractal for several minutes, then a 100 ms lag is not such a big problem. I could make the movement in steps, then you would not notice any lag, but the almost real time moving seems to me to be more spectacular. Well, it all depends on the video card - the movement on Titan V happens almost smoothly.

>you should make a tutorial to explain how it all works like walk them through making their first fractal pattern.

Already done 🙂https://youtu.be/73Df3iRupz4

Thank you, I will try to take your suggestions into account, but I do not think that these comments caused the approval process to freeze and Oculus ignore requests. I would just like to get an explanation of what is happening or what is wrong with my program. But for now, silence is in response.

Best regards,
San Base

MarZeloFdez
Protege
Hi, I have used your code: NFTM6-FQ9HC-ERA7M-4PFEJ-NFNPK 🙂

A greeting.
CEO y Fundador