cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery apps section no longer listed on the website or in the new desktop app?

VR_Shackler
Level 5

When I click on Store within the new desktop app I'm not seeing a Gallery apps section listed at all?
Edit: Not listed here either? https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/
4 REPLIES 4

VR_Shackler
Level 5
To 'discover' my game in the new Rift 2.0 update you now have to go to browse all, select alphabetical order then scroll through 22 pages. Brilliant!

VR_Shackler
Level 5
Got a reply on Twitter from Oculus Developers.

'We recently began testing changes to the way we organize apps in the store, we'll have more info to share soon! PM w/any questions about your specific app.'

Don't they realize this isn't just a fun hobby, for some people it's their livelihood.

deanroskell
Level 2
To find our game (which is shoved in the Gallery) I had to resort to a google search, which sucks because I had to know the name of the game to search for it. Our experience on the Oculus store has been terrible, with the same promotion we've put in across all platforms, Steam has massively outperformed Oculus, which I thought would be the opposite giving that Steam is not a VR focused platform. 

VR_Shackler
Level 5
The latest update I got from Oculus was "I know you're concerned about your app and discoverability. The testing we began on the store only affects a small group of users based in the UK. The Oculus Store and Gallery sections remain unchanged for the majority of Oculus users. I have notified the store team as well as Jason Rubin about your feedback and concerns. we will have more details and next steps to share soon."

I proxied around the globe to check and they are true to their word, only the UK 2.0 dash is affected at the moment.
What worries me is why they are testing this.