cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR Short press Back Button reserved interaction test failed

davis3d
Honored Guest
I'm trying to publish a VR app consisting of a few 360 videos and menu to select them. Back button short press in the menu shows Return to Oculus Home, during 360 videos short press returns to the menu. This behavior works on my device. I've downloaded the app through Beta channel, so it should have the same AndroidManifest.xml file as Store channel. But, I cannot pass the interaction test:

A “back” action is interpreted by the application dependent on its current state, but generally it will retreat one level in an interface hierarchy. The short-press should provide a custom confirmation dialog which allows the user to exit the app and return to Oculus Home. The back button short-press doesn't function while watching a video. It should bring the user back to the main menu of your app and when used there open the "Exit to Oculus Home" screen.

It seems that something is working different and I don't really know, how to properly test it. Is there any known source of different behavior in BETA channel and STORE channel?
Versions I use:
Unity 5.6.4p4 (64-bit)
OVR plugin 1.21

Thank you for any help....
1 REPLY 1

davis3d
Honored Guest
Thank you for the reply.
Another plugin I use is MPMP for playing out 360 videos.
I use modified OVRPlatformMenu.cs. AndroidManifest is generated through Generate store-compatible AndroidManifest.xml option in menu.