cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Concept Submission Guidelines

oxters168
Honored Guest
Hey there everyone. I've tried to submit two different concepts for Oculus Quest, both times trying to mimic the example proposal, and have been declined. My problem is I don't know what I need to improve so I may be approved. I tried replying the first time to ask for the reasons of disapproval so that I can fix my proposal. The response was that they don't provide feedback, which would be fine if there was some other way of figuring out what the proposal was lacking.

I tried finding more information to help me figure out how to improve my proposals. I first looked in here, the forums, but it seems most questions are about after approval. In the Oculus Quest Publishing FAQs, there's a question that says "Will you publish guidelines for what you are looking for?" and the answer mainly being "Our Quest publishing guidelines align with our Oculus Developer Content Guidelines". I went to the Oculus Developer Content Guidelines, and it's not about what they're looking for in a submission, but more of what they will for sure decline in a submission. In the main Support FAQs there's a Store Submissions FAQs with some questions and the closest question in there is "Where can I find artwork guidelines to be successful in the store submission process?". The answer has a link to a pdf that shows what standards the artwork in store submissions should follow. This looks like something I would use after I've been approved to publish. If it's for the submission to get approval for Oculus Quest development, does that mean that the reason I didn't get approved was because my artwork in my concept was not up to standards? My artwork for the second proposal was definitely subpar (since I drew it myself), but it's just a concept and I included a prototype screenshot later to hopefully balance out the bad art.

My main question is what is Oculus looking for in the Quest proposal submission? Am I overlooking some resource that completely went over my head?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Halfspacer
Adventurer
A couple of things that'll affect your chance of approval are
  • Have you published a VR game in the past? 
  • Do you have a team working with you? 
  • Is the development self-financed or backed by investors, and if so, to what extent?
(Basically looking at how likely it is your game will be completed if approved)
You can also improve your chances by creating and sharing a prototype online, creating hype and building an early fan base. A pitch is much more likely to be approved if you can demonstrate that the concept resonates with players. 

And your pitch deck is your first demonstration of you and your team's ability to produce quality content. You should put a lot of effort into making sure it looks exquisite. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Halfspacer
Adventurer
A couple of things that'll affect your chance of approval are
  • Have you published a VR game in the past? 
  • Do you have a team working with you? 
  • Is the development self-financed or backed by investors, and if so, to what extent?
(Basically looking at how likely it is your game will be completed if approved)
You can also improve your chances by creating and sharing a prototype online, creating hype and building an early fan base. A pitch is much more likely to be approved if you can demonstrate that the concept resonates with players. 

And your pitch deck is your first demonstration of you and your team's ability to produce quality content. You should put a lot of effort into making sure it looks exquisite. 

oxters168
Honored Guest
Thanks Halfspacer, that makes sense. Now that I look at it from that perspective, it's obvious why I was declined.