cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update loop after new build added to Alpha

DanDigital
Honored Guest
After successfully adding a new build to our alpha channel, Oculus offers an update every time I visit the app in library, which seems to download and install, but them offers an update again as soon as I click.

When I run the app it is the old version.

It also hangs now when I try to unistall.

Has anyone had this problem / know the cause / know a solution??

Thanks,
Dan
6 REPLIES 6

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Hi,

Welcome to the Forums.

I am currently looking into this and will advise you on what information I find that is applicable to your situation.
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

DanDigital
Honored Guest
Great, thanks Juan. Let me know if you need any details DMd

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Hi,

Is this on GearVR or Rift, or both?
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Hi,

You should be able to delete the app from the Application Manager(Settings -> Device -> Applications -> Application Manager) in your phones settings(not the Oculus app). 

You will then have to redownload your app from the Oculus Library (Not Installed tab). 

This should get you past the issue of the hanging when trying to uninstall from the Oculus app.

DanDigital
Honored Guest
Thanks Juan,

I have tried this, and it looks like the versions are now correct, but each one now unexpectedly quits when I try to start. I have rolled back to the last working version and the problem still persists.

Dan

DanDigital
Honored Guest