cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 reduced texture quality

crammy360
Honored Guest
Hey guys,

We've been developing our game primarily on the Note 4 and it looks fine, but when we put our game onto the S6, the texture quality seems to drop quite poorly and most of our textures are rendering at a lower resolution than on the Note 4.

It seems to be using a lower mip level for many different textures compared to the Note 4.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Andy
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
Interesting. Let me see if anyone here knows about this.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

rosebud_the_sle
Expert Protege
Hi!

Mip generation shoudn't have changed, but do note that the S6 does not support anisotropic filtering. If you have textures in perspective they may look worse as a result.

crammy360
Honored Guest
We did some more investigation and found out that our 'drop' in quality was due to the lack of anisotropic filtering. This makes our game look worse on the S6 and than the Note 4.

Any advice you can give to help improve the quality for S6s? I can't believe our app will be the only one affected.