cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 headsets - can play multiplayer with one account

Superpainter69
Honored Guest
I have Quest 1 and just bought Quest 2.  I know they announced account sharing beginning in February.  How should I set up now?  If I set up with my own FB account, then I don't have access to any of the games I purchased.  If I log in under my original account, can I use both headsets?  Will I be able to play in a multiplayer mode on games?  I don't want to set it up wrong now and then have issues later. Thank you!!!
3 REPLIES 3

geojayhawk
Honored Guest
Would be nice to know

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
You can't set it up now. It has not been released. You just have to be patient until they release it. It could come at any time, or could be months away. The 12th was the deadline for developers to opt out of family sharing.

Detailed explanation of features is here. 
https://developer.oculus.com/blog/multi-user-accounts-and-app-sharing-coming-soon/

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You should use your original account, but to use the Quest 2, you’ll have to merge it with your Facebook account (if it’s not currently linked to Facebook).

Right now, you can use both headsets simultaneously on the same account, but some games might have issues if you try to play online together. Once the multi-user sharing feature gets activated, you’ll be able to share your Q2 with another user, who will be able to sign in with their own Facebook account and play your games simultaneously with you playing on the Q1.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo