cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Movie player for 0.7?

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
Hi, is there any good player that works with 0.7 and plays 3D SBS videos?

Cineveo works on 0.7 but 3D is currently unsupported

Virtual Desktop works on 0.7 and it can play 3D videos but it's limited to 360 pano videos, not regular movies.

MaxVR doesn't work on 0.7

LiveViewRift doesn't work on 0.7

Any suggestion? 😞
19 REPLIES 19

genetransfer
Explorer
vr media cave works, but with 0.7 there is an issue with submit frame, so hitting Esc won't exit the program. It's a little juddery when the file system is open but runs fine when the movie is playing (depending on your hardware), I'll get around to updating it with the 0.7 fixes soon but am not in a rush as not many people use it (and I'm busy atm). still functions in 0.7 just have to ctrl+alt+del to exit with the task manager until I release it with the work around for the submit frame issue.

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
"genetransfer" wrote:
vr media cave works, but with 0.7 there is an issue with submit frame, so hitting Esc won't exit the program. It's a little juddery when the file system is open but runs fine when the movie is playing (depending on your hardware), I'll get around to updating it with the 0.7 fixes soon but am not in a rush as not many people use it (and I'm busy atm). still functions in 0.7 just have to ctrl+alt+del to exit with the task manager until I release it with the work around for the submit frame issue.

Thanks, I just tried it and it runs ok on Win 10 on a GTX 980. When I move my head there is a bit of judder, and it's a bit annoying that I can't move the curved screen further away like the flat screen, but for the rest it works, and it's free, so I guess I can't really complain.

genetransfer
Explorer
glad you got it working, haven't tested on win10 so thanks for letting me know it at least works.
with the curved screen while you can't move it away, you can increase it's scale if that helps any. yeah it has a few issues and some redundant ui elements but does the job. have had reports of judder on the 980 but on some other configs none, but yeah it's free to use and development has finished (other than sdk upgrades) on as oculus will bring out it's own cinema and I just wanted something for now really and might help others in a jam.

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
Fair enough. Thanks for you work!

Don't forget Virtual Desktop has a very competent and very smooth movie player mode, including 3D movies
*Edit* sorry I just noticed you already tried Virtual Desktop, but try it again it does work with SBS 3D movies.

benplace
Rising Star
MaxVR does work on 0.7

Choronzon
Adventurer
"benplace" wrote:
MaxVR does work on 0.7

Fact is MaxxVR doesn’t work for everyone.

And it doesn’t work for me either - after all the tweaking and jumping through all the hoops, it does NOT work.

Roaster
Rising Star
A normal person would expect Oculus to announce whatever they have available, or at least planned, for these kind of utilities.
Can anyone from Oculus shed some light here about movie players and still image viewers?

If you say, we have nothing planned, that's ok.
If you say, we have a full-featured video player in the works, that would be nice.
If you say, wtf, we never ever thought about that! nobody will be surprised.
If you say, we already talked about this, but you missed it, then I can be educated.

Please say something.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

"Roaster" wrote:
A normal person would expect Oculus to announce whatever they have available, or at least planned, for these kind of utilities.
Can anyone from Oculus shed some light here about movie players and still image viewers?

If you say, we have nothing planned, that's ok.
If you say, we have a full-featured video player in the works, that would be nice.
If you say, wtf, we never ever thought about that! nobody will be surprised.
If you say, we already talked about this, but you missed it, then I can be educated.

Please say something.

Oculus are concentrating on the hardware and the SDK (I hope).
The software is down to you and me, assuming you signed up as a developer. Tell us what you have planned.