cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D movies as Edge of tomorrow

ShellTrayWnd
Explorer
hi guys;

my question is simple, can i watch Edge Of Tomorrow or any other 3D movie on OCULUS VR.

i want buy OCULUS VR but i need a 3D screen so i ask if OCULUS can turn a 3D movie

what the difference between a 3D screen and OCULUS (just on movies)

thanks
18 REPLIES 18

nicorose
Honored Guest
you just need a video player app,

Try vrplayer. They got support for dk2 tracking since yesterday.

And vr player can playback 3d movie files.

ShellTrayWnd
Explorer
thanks for your reply

so, there is no difference between watching 3d movie on a 3D television and whatching a 3D movie on Oculus rift ??? that is yes ? ill have the same best 3D vision effect ?? :?:

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you even get the vrplayer to work on the dk2? do you have a guide? would really appreciate it thanks

Darhkwing
Honored Guest
ive tried 3d films in VLC (side by side) but they don't look right, kinda like you can only see the middle of the film.

Satire
Honored Guest
to be honest I dont think its worth getting a 3D tv. atleast with the dev kit 2 you have ll kinds of options and possibly a VR cinema down the road

nicorose
Honored Guest
but they don't look right, kinda like you can only see the middle of the film.

Yo have to set up the Programm to what you what the Picture to be....

how do you even get the vrplayer to work on the dk2?

Start up and run the rift in extendet mode (not Direct).... Copy over the DK2 Headtraking files...

And you have to adjust the Chromatic Colors for the Lenses.

Just see the VRplayer Thread here on Board.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I would like to know what he quality is like when watching movies in the Dev Kit 2? If it's anything like the quality in the DevKit 1 then I won't be watching them because they looked awful. Is the quality as good as watching them on a television now?

Orkel
Adventurer
"lovethis" wrote:
I would like to know what he quality is like when watching movies in the Dev Kit 2? If it's anything like the quality in the DevKit 1 then I won't be watching them because they looked awful. Is the quality as good as watching them on a television now?

Haha not even close, you can still see the pixels in the DK2 but they're just smaller than before. We're gonna need atleast 4-8K screens for it to look "as good as on a television".

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do i copy over the headtracking files?