cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64GB Oculus GO In Stock at Best Buy & Wal-Mart

McNutts
Adventurer
I just wanted to give a heads up to everyone looking for an Oculus Go that the 64GB version is in stock right now at Best Buy and Wal-Mart.
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index
6 REPLIES 6

wuzp
Rising Star
IMHO, I think that, so long as it is shown as "Not available for store pickup within 450 miles," you should just cut out the middle man, and order directly from Oculus.

McNutts
Adventurer
And why is that?

During this virus situation I would think most people would rather have it delivered to their home rather than go out to a store with idiots still not wearing a mask.

At the end of the day 99% of the people that want a VR headset don't care where they buy it from. As long as they are not paying above retail, they get a new unit with a warranty, and it's not from a shady retailer they are happy. That's exactly why I provided the information I did.

Plus Oculus is making their money of the software sales. They want as many people as possible to buy a headset so they can sell more software. The more stores that sell Oculus products the more units they will sell and the more software they will sell. It's a win win for Oculus and people that want to buy a headset
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index

wuzp
Rising Star
The thought was that Oculus receives the shipments first, before reshipping to retailers; or that retailers are on a lower rung of the fulfillment supply chain.  If that was the case; it would make sense to order straight from Oculus, under the theory that yoi'd get your quicker.

McNutts
Adventurer
Unfortunately that's not how it works. Oculus/Facebook knows that the more stores that sell their products the more opportunities people have to buy their products. There are many places in the US where the only store you can go to to buy electronics is Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart and Best Buy are getting inventory in more often than the Oculus site does. There are inventory tracking websites (Hotstock.io & NowInStock.net) that keep track of store inventory so it's easy to find out. Also, Best Buy and Wal-Mart are two of the biggest sellers of consumer electronics in the country so Oculus would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't sell through their website and stores.

andreiek
Honored Guest
is there a 32 version on bestbuy/walmart

McNutts
Adventurer
I don't think you're ever going to see a 32GB version sold new again unless you get VERY lucky. If you want a Go at all you need to buy it the moment you can because Oculus has officially announced that they are ending support for the Go. They will still offer security updates and things like that but they are going to stop producing the headsets. 

I got lucky and ordered one a month before this announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if the price for the Go starts to skyrocket because of the announcement.