cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute waste of money

FallenSpore
Honored Guest

No idea if anyone will read this or if ill get a mark on my account but who cares! Thinking about buying a oculus anything DON’T and heres the reason why: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKS! If you attempt to play any game you have a 99.99% chance of it just crashing doesnt matter the game or the specs to run it. Dont bother seeing if you have memory for it because it still wont run! You would have a better chance playing the game on STEAM than here! Steam actually helps! Not this “amazing /s” excuse of a “support team” the only thing they do is tell you “engineering teams working on it” no they arent there things that needed to be fixed from last year are they fixed no are they going to be fixed no so dont bother! And if you dont have the money to spend on a fancy computer then wait! It will be more worthwhile than using anything oculus provides 

6 REPLIES 6

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Ummm, I have had my quest 2 for 2 years and games still load up fine.  There are a little over 10-15 million headsets out there.  So I don't think it's widespread.

What is exactly leading to the crashing? Hard to diagnose when you are not clear or provide details.

Varmintbaby81
Explorer

I've had my Quest 2 since launch with zero issues. I can play Oculus native games with no problem, and I can play PC VR games with the link cable, and I've recently picked up the Dlink Airlink VR dongle that connects to my gaming PC to make the Airlink connection faster. It works flawlessly. I'm able to play Half Life Alyx over Airlink and it runs very smooth. Don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should do your own research on the issues you're facing. There's a ton of Quest 2's out in the wild and someone else may have experienced whatever issues you're having and posted about it somewhere and also received a solution to it. That's how you fix things in this modern era. Just Google search your problem and try any of the solutions you find to it. The Quest 2 is not a "waste of money", you're just having technical issues you need to resolve.  Good luck with it bud...

mam.804638
Honored Guest

Fully agree. Bought mine two months ago... Should have returned it while I could. Nothing works, if it works temporarily or breaks harder after. Air link is totally unusable and even cable link can't compete with virtual desktop. Air link broke so hard the whole interface got distorted as if the display would be broken. Worst of all... Using virtual desktop the Guardian crashes! Three quest 2 just stops executing it so in game it's suddenly gone! Did factory reset, reinstalled the PC app X times but it doesn't work. Now the Oculus tells me version 53 would be installed in one interface, in another it says version 50. In the PC app it says version 47 is installed 🤬.

I'm just pissed. What they sell is in bad bad alpha stage. 

Might work for kids who just want to play beat saber. But even apps from the Oculus store crash saying "run out of memory".

Hello! We hate to see that you are experiencing issues with your headset. This is absolutely not the kind of experience we want our customers to have, and we truly strive to have your experience be an enjoyable one. We are happy to see you've taken some steps to resolve your issue on your own. Do understand that your issues are very important to us, and we want to make sure your it gets taken care of, so we would like to get you in touch with our support team to look into further assistance. Please head here to submit a ticket, and we hope to hear from you soon so we can get you back to enjoying your device! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Oh man, that's a terrible shame to hear this.  I think if you're a bit of a gaming enthusiast it's good to spend a little time looking up your issues online and asking on here.  Always put lots of detail and specify the issue you're having though.  Finding the answers and fixing issues yourself is half the fun for some.

If you can't get answers, always put a ticket in - I've found the support team to be fantastic in the past.

Basics first though - is your PC VR ready and is your setup suitable for Quest Link (I'm assuming you're using a Quest here) https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/connect-link-wit...

edit: also, remember to check each game's recommended hardware before purchasing - this is stated in the store (if it's PCVR).

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

eden.437170
Explorer

I fully agree with your statement.