cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more options to next version please !

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
Please Add more options to next version please !

1°) Messaging options (I want to send message to my online or offline friends !)
2°) Add "is playing 3rd party software" with the name of 3rd party software running instead of only "Online"
3°) Add 3D drawing/3D writing option in our own home
4°) Add more informations in main device screen like in picture
l0mdvhbm7twq.png
6 REPLIES 6

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
Also add a easier method to add/edit 3rd party application in oculus software

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
thanks

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
Are Oculus developpers really here to check bugs or improvments ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't see any need for those requests myself although I do think as a media device I'd prefer a Media Player built-in to Classic Home (that radio does the job) from which we can play our own music from.

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
1°) You don't have friends in your list ? You don't want to send a message to them when you want to play with them to a game that doesn't have the invite option ?

2°) May be you don't have steam games shorcut in your oculus, but I have all my steam games with custom icons in it.
I want my friend to know I am playing a steam game, the can join me or avoid thinking I am ready to play with them while I am in fact occupied.

3°) It could be cool to to make grafities on your walls or your country flag or else...

4°) May be you don't need it, but some players and ME need it because of
I alway must check USB connection in Oculus before playing as all USB
connections often swap from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 or don't appears in
Oculus parameters.
Also the square for each device are very very big and show few information in it, the is a lot of empty space !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi mate, I tried Home2 and really did enjoy seeing how DASH could run something like 5 to 10 apps simultaneously on my Xeon PC so well in E:D and on Max gpu which it is supposedly not even compatible with. Anyways, mostly I really don't need all that when I devote a short time to VR (about a 2hour session) before I feel it can become obsessive and fatiguing and therefore not so healthy.

For playing MultiPlayer games well people are either on or offline and I don't want to it to become some trap of the same old thing time and again. In fact, I know variety is what makes new experiences and so like to meet ppl on the fly rather than organise with the same. I get the same is true for most out there which we can send invites to. For me your identity should always be secret over the internet as you would be a fool to get too close with strangers. You really just don't know.

So all that stuff to be creative in Home2 well frankly it was dull after a month and it is a gimmick. I'd prefer my games to save RAM and get the highest fps. If you want Home to do more then there are apps for that e.g. VR CHAT to meet people. If it gets too social then you make it worse than Facebook and end up having to block this and that and filter and read endless texts etc. There are other apps to do all this to meet friends plus once you are in game well you just play depending on what interaction it has.

If your USB devices keep swapping from 2 or 3 then not to worry. It simply shows your PC has not sent enough initial power to them from a boot or Sleep Awake. Blame Windows for a too power efficient OS which it is trying save the planet in a green way for.