cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adult games ROOMSCALE

thief6666
Honored Guest
Do you think that Roomscale will have any ....ehem.. applications when it comes to adult games?

Are there any report possibly if anyone is making such games taking room scale into account?

Is there even any possible situation where you would like to have room scale in this "circumstances" My imagination fails in this case - am I not imaginative enough 😉 or just simply room scale is not really applicable?
17 REPLIES 17

Erroll
Protege
"Christiaan" wrote:
"A California King is recommended for this experience "

You win this thread.

gagtoon
Protege
"vizionvr" wrote:
"gagtoon" wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I60BhhL9H30

😄

I love the fact that Gagtoon created an account to submit this as their first post. Nice post, ADMIN. 😄

I actually created my account on the 6th Jan (which just so happens to be my pre-order date) 😉

But yeah I'll admit I did have this post in mind when doing so 😛

Nicksteren
Honored Guest
Is roomscale a platform or just a big open room? I dont get it?

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
"Nicksteren" wrote:
Is roomscale a platform or just a big open room? I dont get it?

Room-scale means room-scale tracking, so what the HTC Vive is doing basically.

As for the OP's question, certainly it will be attempted, the adult industry is prone to use novelty to generate interest. I'm not sure how well it will work, but there is a market for strip clubs, so having a strip club in your home could have its appeal.

nightauditor198
Adventurer
I think as soon as we get over the uncanny valley in modelled faces, we will see some interesting content that follows.

Just imagine downloading an accurate representation of Scarlett Johannson to ... uhm.. "interact" with. That will happen, it´s just a matter of time.

I don´t know when we will see the first cgi characters that are truly lifelike though. Any bets? I say 2025 at the very latest, 2018 at the earliest.

nightauditor198
Adventurer
Check this out:

thief6666
Honored Guest
OK, stripper dancing pole in the middle of my room sounds like quite,... exciting... way to use room scale.
original-bada-bing-x-treme-portable-dance-pole-review1.jpg

Honestly - this thing alone EASILY justifies 1500$ dollars spend on VR system doesn't it? Walking around, peeking for every angle, different models - if this won't kill humanity I don't know what will..

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
"nightauditor1981" wrote:
Check this out:

You know, people misuse the term uncanny valley to describe anything that looks reasonably realistic but is still visibly fake. That's not the uncanny valley, this is the uncanny valley. Look into her cold dead eyes, she looks so almost human but off in a way that makes her look insidious, and well, uncanny. Still not discounting this for this purpose or any other. Once you get over the creep factor these characters would be amazing to interact with, in a variety of different ways, but on some level I think we will always find them unsettling.

Also 3D hair still needs work, as an amateur 3D animator I know all too well the struggle to make good looking hair, and especially good looking hair that can be rendered in real time, but as good as this is, it still looks too uniform and more like fine cotton thread than actual hair.