cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon selling for effectively 299.99 THIS IS INSANE.

cleanupdisc
Adventurer
Amazon has a deal where you buy the bundle for 399.00 and get a 100 dollar amazon gift card on top. THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6mkp48/amazon_prime_users_oculus_rift_oculus_touch/
10 REPLIES 10

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Holy crud thats amazing!
I have to admit now im tempted to buy a headset for my sister and her husbands christmass gift.
WAAAGH!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I am reading it wrong, looks to me it is 499.00 then with the 100.00 gift card brings it to the 399.00 price.

cleanupdisc
Adventurer

dburne said:

Maybe I am reading it wrong, looks to me it is 499.00 then with the 100.00 gift card brings it to the 399.00 price.

No that was just a weird placeholder price listed after it sold out. I have seen things like that for other hot ticket items in the past. The deal is currently unavailable (it sold out a bit ago)  but look for it to comeback sometime soon... 

And plus not everyone in that reddit would have be that mistaken... lol some of them were able to snag it. 

cleanupdisc
Adventurer
I just saw it pop back up but i already ordered from best buy yesterday and am getting eve valkyre free so its whateves

bigmike20vt
Visionary
its going up and down like a yo yo!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8wcrtr-7bUcYXNUeUlhbDZCVlk/view?usp=sharing

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
Now I am a bit jealous... 

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
Even without the $100 bonus, any VR curious PC user with money to spare should jump on this asap. Take it from an ex Viver you ain't missing much over there right now in comparison. 
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Sharpfish said:

Even without the $100 bonus, any VR curious PC user with money to spare should jump on this asap. Take it from an ex Viver you ain't missing much over there right now in comparison. 

So Sharpfish, you're back on the Oculus bandwagon?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer

nalex66 said:

Sharpfish said:

So Sharpfish, you're back on the Oculus bandwagon?

not on any bandwagons as such... I've had every other high level Gen 1 system so may as well get this for this bargain price (it's really great value even with flaws and facebook connections). I'll sell it on in time when GEN 2 vive, LG, MS or even rift comes out and is a marked improvement. I need at least one HMD to be getting on with now I have time to dev again so it may as well be one with the least compromises (imo) at the (now) best price!

note: I'm not saying I think rift is perfect, nor do I personally think it was worth the original asking price (nor vive for that matter) but now? well Oculus just killed my main gripe for some less than ideal gen 1 hardware. It's only a little more than my DK2 cost me + touch included, i'd have loved to be able to buy touch back in my DK2 days as lack of meaningful input was my other main gripe, the one which led me to Vive initially. I'll be treating CV1 mainly as an advanced dev kit for my uses anyway, so as said 400 for even a dev kit with good controls = no brainer if you are into VR, so for something as decent as CV1? yeah... I'm in (for now)
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro