cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An excellent Oculus replacement for your amusement!

romashova90
Honored Guest
Dear friends,

We are glad to offer you a new format of virtual reality headset, which is identical to the Oculus Rift DK2 according to their characteristics .It is an excellent Oculus replacement for your amusement!
•Screen Resolution 1920x1080
•CPU 60Hz
•Support for Oculus DK2
•Tracking the position of the head by a gyroscope
•Aspherical lens, diameter 39 mm
•Adjustable interpupillary distance
•Adjustable focal length
•Adjust the volume directly on the headset
•Compatible with  Oculus Rift DK2 games
http://www.5d.by/en/index.html

xp6tt7jbrhvw.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm definitely amused.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Please don't cross post to multiple categories. I removed the copy of this post from Oculus Share, it's more suited to General.

A couple of points:
- You didn't mention the name of the HMD!
- The web site you linked to doesn't appear to make any mention of it. They just show public attractions and 5D movies that use Oculus DK1 and DK2 HMDS.
- "CPU 60Hz". I'm guessing you mean the HMD's panel has a refresh of 60Hz (since a 60Hz CPU would be one of the slowest computers ever made). 🙂
- The DK2 is 75Hz, so this HMD isn't exactly "identical to the Oculus Rift DK2".
- "Tracking the position of the head by a gyroscope" Gyroscopes don't track position, they track angular acceleration (rotations). Plus on their own they aren't that useful, you need extra data. Most HMDs use a combination of accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer. Even then they need other data sources to track position such as an external camera.
- "Compatible with  Oculus Rift DK2 games" Which SDK version are you supporting?

Although I don't want to sound all negative, so:
- adjustable ipd and focus is good
- headphones built in is cool
- volume adjustment on the HMD is a good idea.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Sakkura
Heroic Explorer
"Compatible with DK2 games" is not really a good feature to advertise...

Along with the obviously poor ergonomics and the terrible Engrish, I'd steer clear of this. Or at least wait for reviews.

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

We are glad to offer you a new format of virtual reality headset, which is identical to the Oculus Rift DK2 according to their characteristics .

Well other than the hardware specs, fixings and ergonomics, yeah absolutely identical. 

EliteSPA
Superstar
What a piece of ****   😄
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
Amusing, I'll give it that. As in, I laughed.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
ahhh a Russian knock off of the DK2 ... how inottive

LZoltowski
Champion
I am elastically fixated
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂