cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another week come and gone

Oblongship
Heroic Explorer
So this marks yet another week that I have not received my Rift, I am still on track for what...my third estimate?

Communication received so far

Estimate Delivery: March
Updated Delivery: April
Updated Delivery: May
Free shipping (twirls finger)

Nothing since sent to me. No emails saying "We are on track for your new estimate" no anything...The only thing I have seen since is Palmer yelling at people on reddit calling them "Insuferable fanboys"

I am becoming very VERY disheartened with Oculus at this point. They don't seem to be learning from their mistakes and aside from Cyber and I think one other person I saw post once....I haven't really seen Oculus engaging in their own forum to talk to their community.

Before you say "Oh just wait longer", that isn't a valid response...I am on my third estimate and projected 2 months after I originally pre-ordered. Part shortage or not this is unacceptable and in this MAJOR fiasco, they have taken the headlines from how amazing VR is/could be to "Oculus botches launch" putting a negative connotation out for the masses who don't know about VR all that well.

I will update you guys next week, but honestly at this point I am so fed up, the likelyhood of me ever support oculus with another purchase is slim to none.

Sorry to be such a downer, but I WAS one of those "insuferable fanboy"'s as Palmer calls us....they have made me lose faith and feel the way I do now.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I was a day1 pre-order - 6mins in - 26x and I been told I have to wait another 2 weeks on the high side. Yet, other people here in the US at 6:30mins have gotten theirs already. So huh, all I can say is give it more time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this marks yet another week that I have not received my Rift, I am still on track for what...my third estimate?

Communication received so far

Estimate Delivery: March
Updated Delivery: April
Updated Delivery: May
Free shipping (twirls finger)

Nothing since sent to me. No emails saying "We are on track for your new estimate" no anything...The only thing I have seen since is Palmer yelling at people on reddit calling them "Insuferable fanboys"

I am becoming very VERY disheartened with Oculus at this point. They don't seem to be learning from their mistakes and aside from Cyber and I think one other person I saw post once....I haven't really seen Oculus engaging in their own forum to talk to their community.

Before you say "Oh just wait longer", that isn't a valid response...I am on my third estimate and projected 2 months after I originally pre-ordered. Part shortage or not this is unacceptable and in this MAJOR fiasco, they have taken the headlines from how amazing VR is/could be to "Oculus botches launch" putting a negative connotation out for the masses who don't know about VR all that well.

I will update you guys next week, but honestly at this point I am so fed up, the likelyhood of me ever support oculus with another purchase is slim to none.

Sorry to be such a downer, but I WAS one of those "insuferable fanboy"'s as Palmer calls us....they have made me lose faith and feel the way I do now.

I understand where you're coming from. I was in exactly the same boat.

I voted with my wallet. Cancelled Rift and went for Vive. I was given a May shipping date and it's arriving on Tuesday, the first working day in May.

Rift may be a great HMD, but the only way Oculus will learn to treat their customers with more respect is if they lose sales. The loss of my sale may only be a drop in the ocean to them, but enough cancellations and they'll maybe take notice.

cybereality
Grand Champion
The last estimates given are accurate, and nothing has changed since that update.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV