cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on shipping for international backers?

Jeppe
Honored Guest
I'm very glad that Oculus have started shipping out the Rift dev kits to backers in the US. Looking at unboxing videos and reading impressions about the Rift makes me incredibly proud to have backed this, you have truly made an awesome product and I am really impressed about the general quality of both the dev kit and the SDK.

However as far as I know Oculus haven't started to send out the Rift to early international backers yet. It would be really great if you guys at Oculus could tell us the reason for this as well as an estimate when you will start sending dev kits abroad. After what I've understood you've had a pretty strict "first come-first served" policy regarding the shipping so I'm hoping us international backers won't have to wait too long 🙂
1,729 REPLIES 1,729

StanleyP
Honored Guest
"LordJuanlo" wrote:
Let's hope they throw us a bone before the weekend! 😉

Seconded.

digital
Explorer
"StanleyP" wrote:
"LordJuanlo" wrote:
Let's hope they throw us a bone before the weekend! 😉

Seconded.

Thirdededed

unclebob
Honored Guest
"KirigayaKazuto" wrote:
Shipping is 57$ to England so no where near 60£

Shipping: $57.20 USD
Tax: $0.00 USD
Order Total: $357.20 USD

The £60 odd extra is about VAT and Customs Duty and the cost of UPS to collect it on top for the government.

The $45 charged by Oculus is the shipment fee.
Feel free to drop by....http://www.VRCraftworks.com and contact us

AoS.Wasted
Expert Protege
Well 'throwing a bone' is what they already do for weeks... I would like some real update about how things stand and when we can can expect our devkits to be send.

And again 'bad news' is beter then NO NEWS.... really just tell if we have to wait another month or anything.. just post an kickstarter update.

Nedo
Explorer
Well at least for all Non Kickstarters, on the Pre-Order page it says: Expected to Ship May 2013.
Unfortunately i'm not a Kickstarter Backer :cry: , so May / June is at the earliest.
Order DK1 Mar 30, 2013 / Order DK2: Mar 19, 2014 / Order CV1: Jan 6, 2016 / Order HTC Vive Feb 29, 2016

Yam
Honored Guest
"nedo" wrote:
Well at least for all Non Kickstarters, on the Pre-Order page it says: Expected to Ship May 2013.
Unfortunately i'm not a Kickstarter Backer :cry: , so May / June is at the earliest.

Me too :cry: ... but then I expected this
Its giving me time to wrap up some other projects so I can have a nice clear mind for development.
I'm not even going to look into the sdk until I get the shipping confirmation.

gray
Honored Guest
141 here, still waiting. Really could do with some kind of communication. 😉

Yam
Honored Guest
"gray" wrote:
141 here, still waiting. Really could do with some kind of communication. 😉

wow what country are you in
Well done for being on the ball though

AoS.Wasted
Expert Protege
I'am number 21. Thats the reason I find it strange they say they are shipping international slowly and that things will get faster when they have the 'international fullfillment thing' setup.

I mean number 21.. with only 5 devkits a day one would think it could have been shipped by now. Or at least a tracking number so that I know its on route.

I'am from The Netherlands if you want to know and state is still 'Processing - Your order is being processed for shipping'

Yam
Honored Guest
"AntonieB" wrote:
I'am number 21. Thats the reason I find it strange they say they are shipping international slowly and that things will get faster when they have the 'international fullfillment thing' setup.

I mean number 21.. with only 5 devkits a day one would think it could have been shipped by now. Or at least a tracking number so that I know its on route.

I'am from The Netherlands if you want to know and state is still 'Processing - Your order is being processed for shipping'

International shipping is complicated for business much more complicated than sending a gift to a relative.
They may not even be able to send the Oculus to people in particular countries due to trade embargoes.
Complicated tax policies will mean they will also make a loss on some of the units.
There is also a good chance that the customs of your country will hold the item while they try and make sense of it.

Have you checked the order page to see its progress?