cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any time now - lean into it people

Falan
Honored Guest
DK2 is about to drop I can feel it in my bones...its electric lol Will the world ever be the same again? :lol:

Heres some heart warming music if your emotions are low..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdCaPRkhD8
17 REPLIES 17

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
Just remember kids, if you "lean into it" be sure to fade to black, don't just invent some hack that'll make your players sick, then convince yourself it'll work through nothing but sheer immaturity and ignorance. :lol: :roll:
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

ThreeEyes
Explorer
You know, I wonder what the effect would be to have someone lean into an obstacle, have the display fade to black, and then if they stay leaned in for a few seconds, have a train headlight start fading in like it's coming at you in a tunnel.

Or have headlights on a car like Christine come on and the motor start racing and the lights light up some freaky garage or something.

Or a dark spiral staircase that messes with balance, etc. Populate as appropriate.

Lean back out and you're back in whatever game/sim. Might be fun in horror games/sims where there really is something on the other side...

But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Flyinpiranha
Honored Guest
Should be something like the Wizard of Oz. Playing a game, lean into a wall too far and it clips through and just some guy with strings and pulleys all over looks at you and yells "GET OUT OF HERE!"
i5-3570k | R9 290 Windforce OC | 16GB 1600 RAM | SSD | Windows 8.1 64bit

7andromeda7
Honored Guest
Been wondering why there is so much feverish anticipation as we wait for our DK2s. Never before have i wanted something so badly.
I think i've worked it out.
The rift is the closet thing we have to a teleportation device!

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
"7andromeda7" wrote:
Been wondering why there is so much feverish anticipation as we wait for our DK2s. Never before have i wanted something so badly.
I think i've worked it out.
The rift is the closet thing we have to a teleportation device!

And, in fact, a Time travel device (given the right software!) 8-)
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

Knutsi
Protege
It really is an amazing step in the human capacity to produce illutions, short of drugs (: DK1 is pretty amazing for me who never tried before (but one ting is sure: GPU power needs to increase, and procedural generation of detail need to increase, to fully realise the potential).

EmanueleCiriach
Honored Guest
I'm on the edge of my seat already... checking this forum / Reddit every hour, and first thing in the morning.

Aaaaaaaaaaalmost there!!!!!
DK2 and Gear VR owner.

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
I'm reading this thread (about receiving DK2 and leaning through things) and I just couldn't stop thinking, we need robot vision:

Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

firstdayreviews
Honored Guest
Yeah... I don't know, I'm kinda doubting any devs will receive the DK2 on the week of july 14th.. especially if no one has gotten a shipping email yet. Unless people arnt telling us that they got the email.... but not likely haha

I'm still waiting for the first legit "Got my shipping email" thread haha

When that happens the games begin
Join me on facebook and youtube to win free games monthly! Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/fdreviews Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/fdreviews