cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody Using An NVIDIA Quadro Card?

Anybody using one?  Anybody used one that wasn't powerful enough - what was it?

What's the minimum Quadro card - does Oculus recommend a minimum?

Thanks.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3
21 REPLIES 21

falken76
Expert Consultant
Those cards used to be great for 3d Design packages, but the drivers never worked to play games on them well back in the day.  Are they able to play modern games well now?

Yeah i don't believe they are good enough for games but what about those people working with a Rift or Vive?  There are several design applications now where you can just put a VR HMD on to see whatever you're working on in VR.  

Of course there may also be some people who used to use a Quadro for design who might now be using it as a gaming rig?

OK so on NVIDIA's site i found this page:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-vr-ready-systems.html

and on there they have these down as VR cards:

GPU

For Desktop - NVIDIA Quadro GP100, P6000, P5000, P4000, M5000, M6000 series

For Mobile – NVIDIA Quadro P5000, P4000, M5500

But... is anybody using any of these with a Rift or Vive?

logotomie
Expert Protege
of course people are using those. In the professional space its pretty common and sometimes you need the memory. I have used the Rift also with a K6000 and it worked fine with whatever i threw onto it. And yes, the entry level quadros will be to slow for VR

logotomie said:

of course people are using those. In the professional space its pretty common and sometimes you need the memory. I have used the Rift also with a K6000 and it worked fine with whatever i threw onto it. And yes, the entry level quadros will be to slow for VR

Well yes, obviously "people are using those" but is anybody here using them and could they give some insight into performance and what they are using them for?  This is probably the largest gathering online of Rift users and there aren't many people mentioning them.

You mention memory - are you saying Quadro cards have more VRAM than GeForce cards as standard?

What are you throwing at your K6000 then?

Thanks.

VIZGraphics
Honored Guest
I just bought the Rift and have a Quadro M5000M (8GB) card in my dell precision laptop and it says it will not recognize the headset and does not meet the minimum requirement? I can see my screen though the headset but says it can't recognize it? any work around here or need another machine?

I just bought the Rift and have a Quadro M5000M (8GB) card in my dell precision laptop and it says it will not recognize the headset and does not meet the minimum requirement? I can see my screen though the headset but says it can't recognize it? any work around here or need another machine?

I've never actually seen any information from Oculus about Quadro cards which is why i'm asking here.
You can see what i've posted from the NVIDIA site above and yours isn't on the list but as with GeForce cards and CPUs i was just wondering if people are using lower spec'd cards in the real world.

Not much response though so maybe not.

logotomie
Expert Protege
quadro cards are target different usecases. the high end cards typically have more memory then compareable gforce. a K6000 got a lower dxmark score then a 780 ti at the time, but had 12 gig of memory. m6000 up to 24gig and the current p6000 also 24gig

i used the k6000 with for example the climb, robo recall, unspoken, eve valkyrie, chronos, really everything i bought and tested.  It makes not much sense to buy them just for gaming, but if you happen to have them they make good gaming cards too.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can see supported cards here:
https://support.oculus.com/2082961335263408/

Note, you may not be getting as good performance as with a gaming card, but it should at least function if your card is on that list. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV