cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting these Oculus app notifications?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
In the past few days, I've had two notifications in the Oculus phone app telling me that my settings have changed and that my Facebook name will be visible alongside my Oculus username so people can easily connect with me. I've checked my privacy settings, both in the app and through the website, and my Facebook name visibility is set to "Only Me" as it has been since I set up and linked a Facebook account.

I feel like this is probably an erroneous message caused by some back-end updates on the server side, but I've changed my Oculus and Facebook passwords out of an abundance of caution. I just wonder if anyone else is seeing these notifications that don't seem to reflect the actual state of the account's privacy settings. Anyone?

82xnzxqx7z0m.jpg

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
16 REPLIES 16

saami81
Rising Star
Yes. I got them, but i also had problem with forgot password when got new computer recently. I had to relink my facebook to my Oculus account. 

Yep same. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Nope, but I don't have a Facebook account  B)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have not gotten them here, but I do not have my FB account linked with my Oculus account.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
That's why I won't make a Facebook account. Seems like it's not just you it's happening to if others are getting this. I just hope my Oculus account never becomes a Facebook account because I will kick up a fuss and demand it be removed.

I believe the default setting is 'Only Me' and mine is definitely still set that way but I still got the message. Looks like it's being sent to everyone who has a linked account maybe.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Okay, thanks guys for confirming that it's not just me. Must be just a glitch between FB and Oculus, then. It doesn't seem that my settings were actually ever changed, but it would be nice if they could not send false messages to get me worried about my privacy.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

saami81
Rising Star
Next they will send our internet search history to everyone in friendlist. Trust me. They know what we watch and "ingocnito mode" isnt helping from that. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

nalex66 said:

Okay, thanks guys for confirming that it's not just me. Must be just a glitch between FB and Oculus, then. It doesn't seem that my settings were actually ever changed, but it would be nice if they could not send false messages to get me worried about my privacy.

How do you know it's a glitch?