cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aparently Fallout 4 VR is still happening ..

DarkTenka
Trustee
https://www.vrandfun.com/fallout-4-vr-making-progress-going-great-according-todd-howard/

Depending on how you feel about the whole Zenimax/Oculus Lawsuit nonsense, this one may be hard to skip by.

One quote stood out to me about the locomotion methods:

“Our plan is to ship with as many as we can, because it’s different for everybody. There are a lot of indie developers and students that are working on prototypes and thinking about how to move in VR and so we’re looking at a lot of those.”

The "as many as we can" part gives me hope for full Free Loco, given that so many others are incorporating Free Loco as well I think it should be almost definite at this point.

I would like if it was released as an update to normal Fallout 4 but I'm not holding my breath. It would probably at least be some kind of paid DLC if not an entire new standalone purchase.
10 REPLIES 10

ShocksVR
Superstar

KillCard said:

I would like if it was released as an update to normal Fallout 4 but I'm not holding my breath. It would probably at least be some kind of paid DLC if not an entire new standalone purchase.

Yes, I also speculate it will be a paid addon (ie: see Skyrim Special Edition).  Although, I have no issue paying for it as long as the pricing is reasonable.  I hope for a $40 or below price.  If it's $60 for VR I'll be shocked.

As to your other point, are there actually people who claim to skip Fallout VR d/t the lawsuit?  Lawsuit or not, anything made by Bethesda Game Studios (BGS - Elder Scrolls / Fallout) is an insta buy for me.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

DarkTenka
Trustee

KillCard said:

As to your other point, are there actually people who claim to skip Fallout VR d/t the lawsuit?  Lawsuit or not, anything made by Bethesda Game Studios (BGS - Elder Scrolls / Fallout) is an insta buy for me.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49228/will-you-ever-buy-a-zenimax-product-again/p1

According to that post, 30% of people on the forum claim to not want to purchase anything Zenimax related. Perhaps those people didn't realise that they owned the company that produces TES/Fallout? Or maybe they were just kidding themselves, it's easy to say things until confronted with the actual problem.

I'm not happy about giving money to Zenimax, but it's no different than giving money to EA because they own Dice or BIoware, or Vivendi because they own Ubisoft.

kevink808
Superstar
I don't care about the lawsuit, I like the game - I'm buying it.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Greyhawk101
Protege
Fallout 4 without full locomotion is like owning a car with no tyres. It just wont work.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

KillCard said:

I believe they've said that it will be a stand-alone title, not an add-on or update to the existing game.

It's kind of a shame, since it would presumably share a lot of assets with the original game. That's a lot of duplicate data filling up my SSD. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

dougchism
Expert Protege
I doubt it comes to the Rift. 

DarkTenka
Trustee

nalex66 said:

KillCard said:

I believe they've said that it will be a stand-alone title, not an add-on or update to the existing game.

It's kind of a shame, since it would presumably share a lot of assets with the original game. That's a lot of duplicate data filling up my SSD. 

I just hope it still works fine with mods.

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Meh, I loved FO3 and New Vegas, but I liked New Vegas more.  I am not that interested in FO4, from everything I've heard about it, I think it's a major downgrade from New Vegas. I want Fallout New Vegas VR, but that is not happening.  The game probably still has its charm, I just can't stand how they changed it and made it shallower.

Anonymous
Not applicable
All of the recent Fallout games are playable with VorpX I think. If Bethesda add Touch controls I'll be getting it otherwise I'll just use VorpX to play it. I got all 3 of the recent Fallout games as cheap as chips in a Steam sale a while back.