cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLACK MARK ON THIS BOARD AND OCULUS - Will i recommend a product like this?

PITTCANNA
Visionary

I can't hold back anymore.  While I was not affected by the logout and duplication (database deletion/bug).  This must be the biggest misstep in oculus history.  This board is terrible, and customer relations are TERRIBLE, even if users were not directly affected by THE COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE ON THE BACKEND SERVER MANAGEMANT TEAM, this should push the issue for FACEBOOK GETTING THE HECK OUT OCULUS PERIOD.  While users are mishandling the situation to a certain degree, I cannot in good conscious blame them, it was clearly a fault with oculus team and there appointed members that should bear the responsibility of the SEVERE BLACK MARK ON OCULUS.

Lets all agree the mods, support and admins are directly responsible for the downfall of this forum. I can't stress how much all the PR team and oculus appointed staff mods, admins etc are 100% in the wrong for the handling of this black mark on the oculus brand.

• if you didn't search twitter users would have been screwed
  • no official statement on the oculus website
  • no official statement on facebook page or the actual twitter page
  • I am calling bs on Oculus Ryan, who has done an unbelievable disservice to this board and community for not getting a lid on it
  • Moving threads into a misidentified topic that really is just bitch-fest at this point for disgruntled users
  • The mods and admins should be posting real information as to was caused the stain on oculus legacy
  • How the hell am i supposed to recommend this device if the people appointed to educate the users are doing a terrible job
  • A pinned thread created a good 8 hours after the rampant issue took place
  • Even the pinned thread really doesn't discuss sufficient steps to contact users

I CAN NOT IN GOOD FAITH THINK THE MODS AND ADMINS ARE ACTUALLY FIT TO RUN THIS BOARD. OVER THE PAST WEEK THERE COMPLETE INABILITY STOP MISINFORMANTION, CALM THE USERS, GAIN BACK THE USER TRUST, AND DO THE JOB OF THE FACE OF THE COMMUNITY HAS BEEN COMPLETELY BELOW PAR.

45 REPLIES 45

@Zenbane wrote:

@PITTCANNA wrote:

Your just delusional, you are entitled to your opinion I get that, but you are not entitled to enforcing a delusional sentiment based upon the last week and the beyond abysmal migration to khorus platform.

Nah, I'm perfectly realistic, which clearly doesn't sit well with the actual delusions portrayed at the start of these threads.

Also, I am not "forcing" anything at all, I am merely sharing my opinion. Sharing and forcing are not the same thing. 

In contrast, you are trying to force a situation, as noted by you creating multiple threads about the same topic, launching personal attacks, and typing in ALL CAPS in order to pretend the situation is worse than it really is.

Like I said, out of 31 threads on this main page of this General Forum, there are only 3 that depict true negativity, 2 of which are yours. Which means as of right now, your threads and posts on the General forum account for more than 50% of the overall chaos.

That's math. That's reality. Not delusion. 🙂

Everything else you have highlighted is little more than confirmation bias. You are intentionally ignoring the hard work the Mods are doing to manage a situation that is out of their hands, and you are intentionally focusing on the few bad elements that allow you to exaggerate the situation. 

You are welcome to your opinion, and the use of confirmation bias. But you cannot force everyone to agree with you in the process. 

Your just in utter delusion.  Nothing you post is actually identifying issues.  So I will let live your delusion, because people like you are the worst thing for progress.  Just because your not affected by bug/database deletion you live under the false pretense everything is fine.

I can't live under false pretense, IF ONE CUSTOMER IS AFFECTED BY A SEVERE ISSUE LIKE THIS, COMPANIES AND THERE APPOINTED VOICE MUST BE HELD TO ACCOUNT.

Visibility to a company crappy practice of under informing or misinforming the customers 1 or 1 million users needs to be spot-lighted. 

Here are some facts:

• OCULUS HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE SILENT ON REAL DEFECTS OR NOT DOING DUE DILGENCE (FACIAL INTERFACE, BAD FIRMWARE, DATABASE ISSUES)
  • THE MODS AND ADMINS ARE DOING POORLY TO COMMUNCATE WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON
  • SOME USERS ARE STILL LOCKED OUT OF THERE DEVICE AFTER OVER A WEEK
  • THERE IS NO BACK UP OF OFFLINE MODE FOR THE QUEST 2

You can hide your head in the sand all you want, and act like there doing everything possible.  But your reality is a fantasy to those affected by an abysmal ecosystem that would allow even one user to have there account wiped clean.  

REMEBER WHEN OCULUS DOWNPLAYED THE FACIAL INTERFACE, THEN AFTER MONTHS THEY DECIDE TO DO A VOLUNTARY RECALL. I was guilty of burying my head in the sand over looking the faults of the quest and there eco-system.

@PITTCANNA wrote:
Your just in utter delusion.  Nothing you post is actually identifying issues.  So I will let live your delusion, because people like you are the worst thing for progress.  Just because your not affected by bug/database deletion you live under the false pretense everything is fine.

Nope, I am realistic. The delusions are entirely depicted on your end. In fact, you have projected most of your own traits on to others this entire time:

• You chastised people who "threaten" to sue Oculus and suggested their posts should be deleted, yet you started a thread where you "threaten" to leave the forum if the Mods don't obey your demands.
  • You suggested people should be banned for breaking any forum rules, yet you intentionally break forum rules by repeat posting the exact same message in multiple threads.
  • You insult people who are lazy, such as those who want to setup PCVR but are too lazy to do their own research, yet all of your threads are the epitome of lazy as you choose to attack and spam instead of doing the real hard work of providing constructive positive assistance.

Respectfully, all I see is you raging against others because they exhibit the exact same traits as you. 

And when it comes to delusions... I never said that everything is "fine," I am merely observing the absolute fact that things are not as doom and gloom as you are intentionally making them out to be. You are trying to twist my words in order to falsely portray my stance as being delusional. Just as you continue to exaggerate the way the Mods are handling things on the forum in order to falsely portray a crisis. Those false portrayals and exaggerations speak to the delusions you continue to put forward.

Nothing you have posted identifies a real crisis; all you have posted is hyperbole, over-dramatization, and silly threats (e.g. "leaving the forum" and "repeat posting").

People like me are what make progress happen, because people like me take a realistic approach to solving real problems. It is, in contrast, people like you who stunt progress because you end up causing people to chase ghosts and shadows instead of resolving something real and tangible. 

Every time a Mod is responding to your rantings, they are spending less time helping customers get their data back and more time trying to appease your chastisement. Your threads and posts create distractions, prevent progress, and make it harder for people with real problems to get the help they need.

And it is still mathematically true that your posts account for more than 50% of the negativity on the front page of this General Forum. 🤔

dburne
Adventurer

Day 11 and still no fix for my account. Seems in my case it was just my forum account that got deleted and not looking like it is going to be able to be restored. I was contacted by Oculus Ryan with this information so that was good. Still not fond of losing all my historical data but I guess it is what it is - others have lost much more than I during this issue. I have to wonder how and why my particular account got wiped and a new one assigned to me... guess I will never know.

I am one of the people still affected from nearly 2 weeks ago. I did as the screen instructed and recreated on that day and now am stuck. I have 2 of the Quest 2s and 1 cannot login at all, and the second one does not reflect any apps i paid for.

Might I suggest that support reach out to those still affected to make them aware that things are still being researched.... expecting us to sit in the dark and wait for 2 weeks will create more frustration, as it now feels like we have been forgotten altogether and that raising support tickets is useless. 

maunsters64
Honored Guest

I am still waiting 11 days later for a phone call, email or any contact regarding my lost Maunster64 apps.  All I wanted was a refund but my constant badgering seems to have annoyed them.  Very disappointing from such a good product.  Help Oculus_RyanS 

5 days ago I was told by email to send details of when I could be called by support.  Replied and sent numerous more emails but still no call or reply.  Account in question in Maunster64

@Zenbane wrote:

@PITTCANNA wrote:

Nope, I am realistic. The delusions are entirely depicted on your end. In fact, you have projected most of your own traits on to others this entire time:

• You chastised people who "threaten" to sue Oculus and suggested their posts should be deleted, yet you started a thread where you "threaten" to leave the forum if the Mods don't obey your demands.
  • You suggested people should be banned for breaking any forum rules, yet you intentionally break forum rules by repeat posting the exact same message in multiple threads.
  • You insult people who are lazy, such as those who want to setup PCVR but are too lazy to do their own research, yet all of your threads are the epitome of lazy as you choose to attack and spam instead of doing the real hard work of providing constructive positive assistance.

Respectfully, all I see is you raging against others because they exhibit the exact same traits as you. 

And when it comes to delusions... I never said that everything is "fine," I am merely observing the absolute fact that things are not as doom and gloom as you are intentionally making them out to be. You are trying to twist my words in order to falsely portray my stance as being delusional. Just as you continue to exaggerate the way the Mods are handling things on the forum in order to falsely portray a crisis. Those false portrayals and exaggerations speak to the delusions you continue to put forward.

Nothing you have posted identifies a real crisis; all you have posted is hyperbole, over-dramatization, and silly threats (e.g. "leaving the forum" and "repeat posting").

People like me are what make progress happen, because people like me take a realistic approach to solving real problems. It is, in contrast, people like you who stunt progress because you end up causing people to chase ghosts and shadows instead of resolving something real and tangible. 

Every time a Mod is responding to your rantings, they are spending less time helping customers get their data back and more time trying to appease your chastisement. Your threads and posts create distractions, prevent progress, and make it harder for people with real problems to get the help they need.

And it is still mathematically true that your posts account for more than 50% of the negativity on the front page of this General Forum. 🤔

Typical white knight for crappy company.  Like i said the defect is out of mind for you.  Its just really pathetic for someone like to let this stand.

You just a **bleep** person.  I let a lot of stuff slide in the past, but i don't get how you can sit back and watch something like this happen.

I have from a verified solution rate 92 (77 more solutions) to your 15, that is 6  times the real solutions that doesn't bog the mods and admins.  So shut the **bleep** up you petty bs person.

To keep negative heat on a company that royally **bleep**ed up like is justified.  

My rage against users has been hijacked by this utter crap show of company that can't even do the basics.  I used to think maybe the users were mis-informed by there own volition.  Now i see its this company has some serious issues, re-enforced by people who are abysmal.

• hit or miss laptop support with no instruction or no warning laptops might not work
  • no information given on critical faults
  • no stock of extra joysticks-**bleep** if i broke an xbox controller i could order one on amazon or heck even go to walmart in the middle of night
  • they talked about decoupling the facebook requirement over a year ago, where the **bleep** are they with that
  • the firmware updates are a **bleep**ing joke with airlink and 120 still the **bleep** in beta
  • the app is **bleep**in atrocious slowest andoid pos app that always gets updates a good half year behind the ios
  • this **bleep**ing forum that has a tendency to not login  because khous is **bleep** plat form
  • the drm system sucks, no offline mode
  • overpriced optical link that does a **bleep** job keeping a headset charged in use even on my build of pc, where i have a dedicated headr for usb 3.2 port, i have to use vr power and play airlink if i want session over 2 hours
  • elite headset is a joke, its a throw away item

The headset technology is great to a point, but when you have woke staff with absolutelty no clue how to run a company, it can turn into a big **bleep**ing paperweight.

The database issue is the icing on a woke **bleep** company cake, the users DID **bleep**ING NOTHING WRONG TO HAVE THER ACCOUNTS TO BE DEACTIVEATED AND THERE LIBRARY TO BE WIPED OUT. 

THIS IS NOT A USER PROBLEM, THIS A WOKE **bleep** COMPANY PROBLEM PERIOD.

@PITTCANNA wrote:

Typical white knight for crappy company. 

Nope. Not even close. Your response are just typical Troll responses, where you ignore what's actually being stated in order to continue with the gaslighting. 

I have made it clear that there is a problem, but I am also able to be realistic about the problem and understand that things are not as terrible as you are intentionally making them out to be.

@PITTCANNA wrote:
My rage against users has been hijacked by this utter crap show of company that can't even do the basics. 

Except that you are the one doing the hijacking. You most literally hijacked yourself. First you raged against users for exhibiting certain behaviors, and then you raged against the company by exhibiting the same and worse behaviors as the very users you originally raged against.

Your posts and threads are unconstructive, counter-intuitive, self-defeating, and a complete distraction from the legitimate problems at hand.

It doesn't make someone a White Knight simply because they refrain from subscribing to nonsensical hyperbole.

@Zenbane wrote:

@PITTCANNA wrote:

Typical white knight for crappy company. 

Nope. Not even close. Your response are just typical Troll responses, where you ignore what's actually being stated in order to continue with the gaslighting. 

I have made it clear that there is a problem, but I am also able to be realistic about the problem and understand that things are not as terrible as you are intentionally making them out to be.

@PITTCANNA wrote:
My rage against users has been hijacked by this utter crap show of company that can't even do the basics. 

Except that you are the one doing the hijacking. You most literally hijacked yourself. First you raged against users for exhibiting certain behaviors, and then you raged against the company by exhibiting the same and worse behaviors as the very users you originally raged against.

Your posts and threads are unconstructive, counter-intuitive, self-defeating, and a complete distraction from the legitimate problems at hand.

It doesn't make someone a White Knight simply because they refrain from subscribing to nonsensical hyperbole.

Dude your just very delusional, if you ever ran a company it wouldn't last long.  You completely glance over the obvious faults.  If I had to sum you up into one word is "pathetic" yes this is a degrading term.

I work in the medical device sector as a final quality assurance representative, if i push out faulty product people get hurt, paralyzed, or even die.  I have been working in medical device for over 20 years, complacent people kill people, there is never room for complacency.

If i let a defective product out the door, and i can stop from even reaching the end user.  I will be calling my clients at 2:00 in the morning or in dire times i would even drive to there doorstep and be there by open of business day.

For oculus to sit on an issue that your downplaying, because you want to be delusional moron, about the severity of database error and the whole laundry list of problems, that people are to a degree silenced by delusional sycophants like yourself, mods, admins, and fanboys. 

After endorsing a product like oculus for 2 to 3 years and spending well over 2000 dollars in a product line.  I can't hold my breath and stick head in sand.  As I have always said, you have not adequately backed  up anything, you just are simply a delusional white knight.

I don't create multiple topics, there is only 2 topics i have created.

• The first one was pseudo-misguided snark thread at users, it was meant to be somewhat funny and to have a true deeper conversation
  • This one was a realization, that there could be a possibility that oculus  is in fact a **bleep**ty company at this point, that great product like the quest is turning out to be a un-mitigated disaster and the more that comes to light, the less i am willing to spend on it

I could really unleash hell, but i look at the kudo counts for this thread, and kudo counts for your replies and that's all i need to know.

You are the only agreeing with your self.