cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 games - without Store

nn23
Level 3
Hi folks!

Just a quick question: Everytime a VR App opens, Oculus Home automatically opens and loads!
How can I start VR Apps (like on Steam and Stuff) without the Oculus Home App?

Thanks&Cheers!
5 REPLIES 5

GameDev
Level 3
Hi,

Did you manage to find anything out? I just received my CV1 yesterday, and would really like to play DK2 games and games from Steam on my CV1. At the moment i have only been able to play games from the Oculus Store.

Anyone know how i can play other games?

Thanks.

GeorgeRogers
Level 3
Bump.  Also waiting for an answer on this one.

Comic_Book_Guy
Level 9
Easy. You don't play a VR game on the Rift without Home open. 

Zenbane
Level 15
The Oculus Rift requires the Oculus firmware.

That's like asking, "how can I drive a car without the motor running?"

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
There's three questions in this thread:
1 - How can I run games without oculus home opening?
You can't. Oculus Home is now part of the runtime, it always opens, even if you are using SteamVR.

2 - How do I run games that aren't from the Oculus store?
Go into the oculus home desktop app (don't wear the headset) and go to Settings / General. Then turn on the Unknown Sources checkbox. This lets games that aren't part of the Oculus store run.

3 - How can I play DK2 games?
If the games haven't been updated to the 1.x SDK (which came out with the CV1), then officially they can't run anymore, they are outdated and incompatible. There's a third party tool that can fix that to a degree (very old stuff still won't work, but games made with SDKs between 0.6 and 0.8 might), but it's not official.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2