cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i damage my Quest 2 if i cry inside it?

DonnovanBR
Level 4

Can i damage my Quest 2 if i cry inside it?

3 REPLIES 3

ohgrant
Level 9

Well I would say yes and all depends on the salt content of your tears to how much damage. People are different, I knew a guy that sweated so badly from his hands, if he played your guitar it would be covered in salt and within an hour the strings started to corrode and sound dull.  Salt is acidic and I would imagine would start to make the lenses to look hazy. I would avoid getting tears on your lenses and wipe them with a microfiber cloth as soon as you are aware of any bodily fluids on your lenses.  Possibly if you feel yourself getting ready to cry watch and think about this video. Might just put you back in your happy place. Good luck.  

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

DonnovanBR
Level 4

I mostly like Oculus experiences, not games. And some are really compeling.

ohgrant
Level 9

Nothing wrong with being moved to the point of tears, I've had occasion to steam up my Oculus and 3D glasses on occasion. I read once that the actor John Wayne was easily moved to tears.

People exercise and sweat in their Quest so as long as we're careful and wipe the lenses when something gets too soggy, no need for concern 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.