cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Get DayZ To Work With Vireio

JackCisco
Honored Guest
Hey!

I have followed two guides on how to get the Oculus Rift to work with DayZ using Vireio and every time I launch the game it crashes.

I used this guide: http://riftmod.com/how-to-setup-dayz-on-the-oculus-rift/
I also looked at the guide in the video description on that page.

I have arma 2 free and not arma 2. I put the .dll files into the arma 2 OA/expansions/beta folder because I don't have an expansions folder in my arma 2 free installation.

The profile for the two games in vireio are as follows:
<profile game_name="ArmA2OA" game_exe="ArmA2OA.exe" game_type="10" separationAdjustment="0" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
<profile game_name="ArmA2" game_exe="arma2.exe" game_type="10" separationAdjustment="0" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />

I have double checked and apart from putting the .dll files into Arma 2 I have followed everything correctly.

Any help with making this work is greatly appreciated.
070xxx - DELIVERED Ordered 3rd September. Delivered Wednesday 2nd October.
16 REPLIES 16

FatMcNasty
Explorer
I dont think you can get DayZ to work with the free version of Arma II. Back when it first came out I tried, failed and bought Arma II. After that it worked..

JackCisco
Honored Guest
Well I guess there is no way around it since that is the way the drivers have been designed.
Just brought the full version, been thinking about it for a while but there was no decent reason to buy it.

Also just brought the Valve pack on steam. Lots of virieo games on there! Let's hope they don't
Cause too much nausea. Took me a while to get used to moving around in the Tuscany demo!

CaliberMengsk
Explorer
Two things.

#1 DayZ does not work with arma 2's free version

#2 Even with the Vireio drivers, DayZ doesn't play right. While the graphics work fine and you can run around, a lot of DayZ is based on item management, and the last time I tried the Vireio drivers on DayZ, the menus acted like you were using a full screen game. By this, I mean if you tried to mouse over a button or item, it acted as if it was displaying across the entire 1280x800 resolution of the rift instead of the half view displayed (640x800). This makes using the menus near impossible.

I didn't look for a solution to the second one, cause I wasn't to terribly worried about it and just play it as regular now. I also couldn't get the freetrack or trackir working, so while I could look around with the rift, like many games with Vireio, it was just simulating the mouse movement.

JackCisco
Honored Guest
You're wrong with your first statement. I have been playing dayz for a year now with the free version of arma 2.
I also have got the TrackIR working so the body moves separate to the head.

But as for the rest, I will tell you if I can get it to work any better than what you describe.

IHOP007
Honored Guest
I am sorry to hear about your problems, I was really hoping to be able to play arma2 when my rift arrives.

JackCisco
Honored Guest
Well if I can get it to work acceptably making it preferable to playing normally, I will share it with you on this thread.

CaliberMengsk
Explorer
It would be possible if there were a way to overlay a second mouse at half the x resolution of the screen Then you could see where you area actually clicking.

JackCisco
Honored Guest
Still no expansions folder in my now full arma 2 installation. Any ideas?

CaliberMengsk
Explorer
Dayz Commander makes it much much easier then manually installing it. It also hosts a slew of additional mods to dayz, including different maps and extra guns and vehicles.