cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access referral. Get told :COULDN’T ACCEPT REFERRAL

cj7hawk
Explorer

Hi, I've just bought the Quest2 and tried to accept the referral, but I just get a page that says "COULDN’T ACCEPT REFERRAL" but no further information. I have an old DK2 and my account hasn't been used in some time. I just bought the Quest2 after my son told me how much he likes his, and he sent me a referral, but something is wrong with the system and after I logged in and tried to redeem it says

"COULDN’T ACCEPT REFERRAL
Something went wrong and your referral couldn’t be accepted. Please try again."

What do I need to do? I will try completing the log in with the headset and see if that makes a difference, but something is definitely wrong here. Please help.

David
2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We're sorry you got that error message! We would like to see if we're able to help you two out with the referral process. Please send us a direct message with a screenshot of the message with the referral link your friend sent you. 

We would also need the following information from both accounts:

• Full name as it appears on your Oculus account
  • Current alias/username
  • Email address linked to the account

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ima-builder
Honored Guest

I am having this exact problem, same vague text and everything

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?