cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find friends on server

GrandpaRonald
Honored Guest

The people I am following on Meta quest app are not showing up on the server when I click to show friends, what would I be doing wrong that they are not showing up?
The game we are playing in Onward

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @GrandpaRonald, thanks for reaching out to us over social media about your difficulty connecting with your friends on the Quest. We totally get why this is a problem and want to help you! Meta extended its Oculus platform capabilities to allows users to create invite links from their smartphone and then send the link to their friends—by text, email, DM, etc—that when clicked would automatically launch the correct app and send all users into the same space to play together. 

How to Use Invite Links on Quest

If you want to create a Quest invite link to join friends in VR, start by launching your Oculus smartphone app.

1. In the Oculus smartphone app click the ‘Menu’ button (three lines icon)
  2. Select ‘Invite Links’
  3. Select a supported app (ie: Walkabout Mini Golf)
  4. Select the destination that you want to go within the app (ie: the specific course within Walkabout Mini Golf that you want to play)
  5. Select ‘Create Link’
  6. Use the ‘Share’ button to share the link through whatever channel you’d like
  7. Use the ‘Launch’ button to launch the app you chose on your headset and join your friends

Invite links are the perfect way to pre-plan a VR session with your friends and easily meet in the same place without fiddling with any menus or friends lists. Once you’re ready to play, press the ‘Launch’ button from the invite link and your headset will load the selected game and should automatically send you to the same location as your friends. Invite links on Quest are valid for 24 hours from their creation.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Is not supported solution. We are all followers on Meta Quest but I can't finds my friends on the server when I select friends only.

thumbnail_75f18353-095b-4811-955d-27e09764f9f4.jpg

Hey there, @GrandpaRonald! Thanks for giving that option a try. It seems we'll need to take a closer look at this issue. We recommend connecting with our specialized team here. We'll be able to assist you better with advanced troubleshooting for this issue to get you back to gaming. If you need help creating a ticket, please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there! We just wanted to check in to see if you needed help creating a ticket. Please let us know. We'll be more than happy to help!

GrandpaRonald
Honored Guest

worked with support and got it working but clicking on a private or public lobby, if you don't do that your friends will not show up. However when trying with my friend it was not working again. Trying to contact support again. 

Hey there, @GrandpaRonald! We're saddened to hear that the issue is persisting. Not to worry. If you need some help connecting with us, please feel free to ask. We'll be more than happy to guide you in the right direction!

Hey there, @GrandpaRonald! We just wanted to check in to see if you still needed help contacting us. Please let us know. We'll be more than happy to help!

I am having the same issue...since the last Onward update I cannot see friends within the game who already have a server going. If I create one, whether public or private, they can find me, but I cannot locate them. Help!!! What's going on?

I did not want to send an invite link I should be able to see a green guy of my friends on the server and I cannot see that how can I make that happen

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?