cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open Oculus Client, infinite loading...

Esdegeek
Honored Guest
Hello there,

I just installed the Oculus software and when I open the Oculus Client, I can see a loading screen and it's stuck for some reason. The window looks like this. 

jdhqfmfm2vnw.png

I don't know what to do, I search everywhere and my problem seems not to be that common.
Please help!
11 REPLIES 11

ribboncable
Protege
I've also been having this issue recently.

Wx17r
Honored Guest
Same
Setting it up for the first time right now and iam stuck at this screen for about 40 minutes now.
Is this a known problem?

NicoVH
Honored Guest
Same problem here, doesn't help that tech support hasn't answered my ticket yet.

Has the community come up with a fix for this?
I've reinstalled and restarted my app / PC, disabled my antivirus, swapped the installation folders, made sure I had 80+ GB free space, plugged/unplugged the rift headset and sensors in the USB ports and installed the 'repair patch'.
No changes so far...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

MDog5252_ENFC_
Honored Guest
same problem

Raven7C0
Honored Guest
Also the same for me... Something is going realy wrong here... I hope someone can provide a solution. Iam trying now for some hours to fix it, nothing worked. For me its reaching now a point of a big disappointment...

maikhorma
Explorer
I had this problem and multiple others when getting setup. I'd suggest going into the appdata folder and looking at the logs, they were pretty helpful to me:

Windows key + R, and then "%localappdata%\oculus"

or (assuming windows is installed on your c drive)
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Oculus

By default the appdata folder is hidden so you may not be able to just browse to it via explorer.

In there look for any errors or warnings in the most recent log files. As annoying as my setup process was, once i found this folder I was able to figure out what the issue was at each step.

Raven7C0
Honored Guest
Hi maikhorma,
thanks for your response. I checked the directory you are talking about. I found four Log files:

OculusDriverInstaller_2019-01-05_13.50.49.log
OculusSetup.log
OVRLibrarian.log
OVRLibraryService.log

I could saw different warnings and errors. But one of the first warning was that it can not write in "C:\Program Files\Oculus....". So i deleted everything again and I searched for all remaning files from the oculus software to delet those as well. I also unplugged all USB devices I dont needed. Then I reinstalled the Oculus software with a different path "C:\Oculus\..." (to choose the path is only possible for the Oculus Apps). 

After that was done it worked :). 

So I thing it was an error with the path and maybe an issue with another USB device.

Thanks a lot.

Blueyesteph
Explorer

maikhorma said:

I had this problem and multiple others when getting setup. I'd suggest going into the appdata folder and looking at the logs, they were pretty helpful to me:

Windows key + R, and then "%localappdata%\oculus"

or (assuming windows is installed on your c drive)
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Oculus

By default the appdata folder is hidden so you may not be able to just browse to it via explorer.

In there look for any errors or warnings in the most recent log files. As annoying as my setup process was, once i found this folder I was able to figure out what the issue was at each step.
I tried it and found this but how do I fix
17/07 19:50:12.430 {!ERROR!} [OAF ERROR] \software\oculussdk\pc\oaf\liboaf\package\librarian.cpp(978) : Local migration failed: regen-third-party-assets (1971039)
17/07 19:50:12.430 {!ERROR!} [Librarian] Local migration regen-third-party-assets failed

Blueyesteph
Explorer

Raven7C0 said:

Hi maikhorma,
thanks for your response. I checked the directory you are talking about. I found four Log files:

OculusDriverInstaller_2019-01-05_13.50.49.log
OculusSetup.log
OVRLibrarian.log
OVRLibraryService.log

I could saw different warnings and errors. But one of the first warning was that it can not write in "C:\Program Files\Oculus....". So i deleted everything again and I searched for all remaning files from the oculus software to delet those as well. I also unplugged all USB devices I dont needed. Then I reinstalled the Oculus software with a different path "C:\Oculus\..." (to choose the path is only possible for the Oculus Apps). 

After that was done it worked :). 

So I thing it was an error with the path and maybe an issue with another USB device.

Thanks a lot.

how did u change path