cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant pull the plastic tab out of the remote?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I got my CV1 today but I have a problem straight away. I can't pull the plastic tab out of the remote. I don't really want to use brute force, but what am I suppose to do to get this plastic out? I have tried pulling as hard as I can using my habds, but I think I need a pair of pliers to get this thing out? Anyone got any ideas?
39 REPLIES 39

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
I used brute force - it was VERY hard to pull out, but did not cause any problems. However, I have seen posts here from people who "brute forced" it and damaged their remote. 😞

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
The back SLIDES off towards the bottom of the unit DONT force the tab 😉

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
The back slides of the remote? I don't see anywhere where it slides off? Looks like a complete unit to me.

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/387314#Comment_387314
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
My God, it's crazy it just won't slide off. Why have they done such a silly thing like this?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Done it, but they need to sort that out. Thanks!

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
@ lovethis bet u dont see a battery compartment either 🙂

IRL-Nutsco
Honored Guest
I am glad I read about sliding the battery cover off prior to pulling the white tab, makes it a breeze.

jademan
Heroic Explorer
@lovethis - You aren't alone on this...  I was very frustrated by this same problem, and know many others were too.  I really think they should change the instructions from "pull tab" to "slide open battery compartment to remove tab" so fewer people end up taking vice grips to their new remotes.