cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant pull the plastic tab out of the remote?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I got my CV1 today but I have a problem straight away. I can't pull the plastic tab out of the remote. I don't really want to use brute force, but what am I suppose to do to get this plastic out? I have tried pulling as hard as I can using my habds, but I think I need a pair of pliers to get this thing out? Anyone got any ideas?
39 REPLIES 39

xi11ix
Adventurer
I had issues getting the tab out of my remote as well. I had to use pliers.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Glad it's sorted now, it had me worried for a while. I'm all setup now and have to say I'm very impressed with CV1, it's certainly better then I excepted and I don't even see any of these God Rays people are talking about. 

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

lovethis said:

Glad it's sorted now, it had me worried for a while. I'm all setup now and have to say I'm very impressed with CV1, it's certainly better then I excepted and I don't even see any of these God Rays people are talking about. 

No god rays? Wanna swap? 🙂

comixcroz
Expert Protege
i pulled mine out, with pliers!  lol

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I didn't think it was that complicated when I got mine.  Tug on the tab, didn't come out.    Pull a little harder, didn't come out.  Pull a little harder, still not coming out.  Push on the back, slides off, remove battery, remove tab, reassemble.

...I just gave mine a slow but firm tug and it satisfyingly came off

ahem

comixcroz
Expert Protege

TwoHedWlf said:

I didn't think it was that complicated when I got mine.  Tug on the tab, didn't come out.    Pull a little harder, didn't come out.  Pull a little harder, still not coming out.  Push on the back, slides off, remove battery, remove tab, reassemble.

Oculus was pretty clear in the directions to pull out and every other "battery tab" is made to come out easy.  So I figured mine was defective or got caught up in a screw.   Either way, I probably got it out faster than you did.   B)

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I believe cyber commented a while back that the intention was that it should pull out easily, but in reality, some were assembled with the plastic tab wrapped around the battery, making it pretty much impossible to pull out as instructed.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

jademan
Heroic Explorer
Agreed, nalex.... I take no shame in having been frazzled when the damn thing wouldn't come out and I thought I had a real problem that I had to search the interwebs for support for to resolve.  Sure, it turned out to be minor, but at that RL point, after five mutes plus of tugging on my new product, it did not seem right! at all!

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Pulled mine with pliers too. Thanks for this thread though at least I now know the battery can be replaced 🙂