cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud gaming pc's are the future.

inovator
Consultant

Cloud gaming is the future. You have plutosphere using side quest now that is getting decent reviews. It's not perfect but according to many known youtubers like thrillseaker etc. It works great and these are early days. But here's what's I believe is  going to happen. I believe the Meta is no doubt working on their own cloud service. It is my opinion they will either offer it for free or for a small fee so you can get into pc gaming. That's when pc gaming will explode. Unfortunately companies won't be able to compete with metas price structure. Right now you can buy hourly coins for plutosphere that can be expensive if you can do lots of pc gaming. Plutosphere won't be able to compete with that model.

4 REPLIES 4

And yet, Oculus / Meta / Facebook appear to be distancing themselves from PCVR as quickly as they can.

The spambots are back

@user_901925786032222 wrote:

And yet, Oculus / Meta / Facebook appear to be distancing themselves from PCVR as quickly as they can.

Yes and no.  PCVR will always be a thing, they won't go completely away from the platform.  It still has the horsepower to do the things mobile will never compete with especially in the simulator space.  

I would say once wireless broadcasting is perfected and you can use 1200 mbps of uncapped encoding the technology will be ready for better for the pc space.

Maybe Meta will decide to support Windows 11 then.