cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK1 lens dimensions

jrd3d
Explorer
Does anyone know the exact dimensions for the DK1 lenses? I think they are around 35 - 37mm diameter, but I am not sure about the other specs. The reason I ask is that I am looking to replace the scratched up lenses of a Used DK1 I acquired but I don't think it is possible for me to get replacements from Oculus. I will search ebay and other sites to find compatible lenses in case anyone happens to know what exact type of lenses I should be looking for.
4 REPLIES 4

SDM
Explorer
Google for : UltraOptix SV-2LPLED 7X , should find them for under $10 (US).

If memory serves correct, believe the lens in it was pretty much identical to the DK1 lens (a drop in fit too, minus the glue if your DK1 lenses are glued in). Experimented a lot with lenses and my DK1, believe at one point I had an original in one eye cup, the above lens in another, could not tell the difference.

Was awhile ago now, so possible my memory is off, but 95% sure that was the lens which I found to basically be a perfect stock DK1 replacement.

jrd3d
Explorer
Thanks, I will order two and report back with my findings.

Fredz
Explorer
I can confirm. I photographied both surface profiles side to side and couldn't make the difference.

jrd3d
Explorer
I received the UltraOptix SV-2LPLED 7X today and they do in fact drop into the DK1's eye cups and appear to be exactly identical to the lenses that come with the DK1. They were pretty easy to pop-out of the housing of the UltraOptix magnifier, but it was a bit of a struggle getting them popped into the DK1 eye cups after the scratched lenses were removed. They definitely work perfectly though in case anyone is desperate for new lenses for there DK1.