cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 Extended mode help.

pewzie
Honored Guest
Hi,

Can anyone help me get to grips of how to use the extended mode on the DK2.

At the moment I am switching the DK2 to the main display and then have to try and get the windows viewable to start any games and demos on there. Then I have to mess around on the DK2 clicking ghosted windows to set my normal display back to the main display.

Is there no easy way to be able to start apps running in the second display of the rift or a program that changes the main display to the rift as it runs a program?

I have a GTX 770 with Nvidia control panel if there is anything in there to help? I know I used to be able to set up keyboard shortcuts to switch displays and things on my AMD card.

Im assuming someone is going to tell me Im way off base and doing something incredibly stupid and that I dont need to do it this way?

Any help appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Mellzor
Protege
For unity applications, if you make a shortcut to the exe file and in the command line, add -adapter 1 (or 2) at the end, it will automatically launch on the second monitor.

Adapter 1 or 2 you must test. For me it was adapter 1.

so a shortcut would look like this:

"D:\Oculus Rift\Unity Application\Unity Application.exe" -adapter 1

For steam games there's steam VR, haven't checked this myself but you can find it on the forums here.

pewzie
Honored Guest
It just felt so clunky, I felt sure I was doing something completely wrong.

Perhaps not then.