cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 I am totally lost.

MBLi
Honored Guest

Hello, My name is David. I created an awesome charity where I bring my Xbox Kinect into senior centers. The health benefits are many. A donor realized the potential with the Ocukus & donated a DK2. It took me 2 months to build a fantastic PC. I am trying to download the developers info & that page no longer exists.  

I am just now starting to download games. I do not have the right equipment. Can someone please assist me in how do I order up to date equipment? What is available for purchase? It's not giving me an option to play the 1st game I downloaded. Free. I was told my equipment is not hooked up?

Am I not eligible to also develop games? I would love to create an adventure for the seniors, disabled & challenged individuals I get to work with on a regular basis. Can I still be be part of that community. As a charity I have unique hiring skills & this presents great possibilities. 

Please reach out to me personally if some one can help    I'm David, founder & CEO of mybucketlistfoundation.org 

(Redacted personal information)

17 REPLIES 17

Thug
Heroic Explorer

MBLi said:

I see a message in a blue bar on top of a page that says DK2 is no longer supported, including games & apps

Ignore that message, it should work fine at the moment.
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),

MBLi
Honored Guest
where does the power cord plug in?

kojack
MVP
MVP

MBLi said:

where does the power cord plug in?

The DK2 doesn't need the power cord (I never use it) under normal circumstances. It's used to power the usb port on the top of the DK2, in case you want to connect accessories (cameras, leap motion, etc).
The power adapter's cord plugs into the little box on the main DK2 cable. You also have a sync cable that plugs into the same box on one end and the camera on the other.

Have a read of this: http://static.oculus.com/sdk-downloads/documents/Oculus_Rift_DK2_Instruction_Manual.pdf
It shows how all the cables are connected.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

MBLi
Honored Guest
Thank you for the clarification. I do have everything plugged in correctly. When attempting to "set-up rift", it's not recognizing my HDMI cable. Are the new accessories available yet? I do not have a remote... Is there an anticipated release date for the touch? 

Jose
Heroic Explorer
Make sure the HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI port on the graphics card, and not on the motherboard. If you have no remote, you can use an Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller.

MBLi
Honored Guest
YAY.. I have the blue light on the headset. Last night it was only flickering between yellow & blue (almost like a cop car). When I looked at my library I was able to actually hit play... I did turn on the HOME button on the XBOX 360 controller. For some reason it appears to me my controller is not being recognized. Should I go buy an Xbox 1 controller? Do I only need the USB adapter for a 360?

Jose
Heroic Explorer
An Xbox 360 controller works fine. It's what I'm using. Do you have the wireless controller? If yes, do you have the USB receiver? If you have both the wireless controller and receiver, you might be having a driver issue. You can check to see if Windows is having any problems with it by going into Device Manager in Windows' Control Panel. And looking for the 360 Gamepad in the list and seeing if it has an error icon over it (a yellow triangle with an exclamation "!" mark). Or Windows might not even be seeing it at all and will show "Unknown Device" in the list.

MBLi
Honored Guest
I have finally got the wireless Xbox 1 controller. 

My sensor finally recognized my headset & allowed me to finish downloading the 10 free downloads. 

While the final downloads were finishing installation. The blue light went out on the headset. I unplugged every cord & reseated them. My headset is still yellow. Can some one please give me further instructions, please???