cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 randomly turns off occasionally

rubixcube6
Explorer
Just recently my DK2 will be working just fine for a while then randomly shut off. The configuration utility then tells me "No HMD detected, tracker connected". Unplugging everything including power, then plugging it back in doesn't help either. It then tells me "USB Device Not Recognized". It will not do anything (no indicator light either) untill I re-boot my computer.

Windows 7 64bit
GeForce GTX 970
Runtime: v0.6.0.0

I would also like to add that I have been using the new 0.6.0.0 SDK in my game projects. However, It may be something else entirely. Edit:It appears that it is not a software or runtime issue. Reverting to previous runtimes does not fix the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Edit: The issue was faulty USB 2.0 ports on my computer. Plugging the cables into USB 3.0 ports fixed the issue and even reduced judder a bit!
4 REPLIES 4

Zandil
Rising Star
Try a different HDMI and USB cable if you have them, The DK2 has had some concerns with faulty cables.

My HDMI cable was U/S right from the box.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps your HMD is overheating??

rubixcube6
Explorer
It could be that it's overheating. Ive noticed that when I am making a game in unity ever since v0.6.0.0 my computer will make a sort of buzzing noise when its in direct mode and I click play in the editor.

Edit: Not sure what the buzzing is but it seems to be un-related to the rift turning itself off.

rubixcube6
Explorer
It looks like it is not software related because reverting to previous runtimes does not fix the issue. What puzzles me is that a PC reset will fix it for a short time, however unplugging all rift cables including power and plugging them back in does not fix the problem.

Edit: The issue was faulty USB 2.0 ports on my computer. Plugging the cables into USB 3.0 ports fixed the issue and even reduced judder a bit!