cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 working again with an update, Thanks Oculus!!

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
I would like to take the opportunity to Thank Oculus for bring my DK2 back to life. I believe there was an update restoring the DK2 and thank godness the good folks at Oculus have provided the DK2 with functionality again it was just a pretty looking box for a month or so 😄

It really is a good machine and i for one am thankfull
10 REPLIES 10

Rifts
Adventurer
That's awesome but strange considering they never mentioned it, anyways I'm jealous of you even getting the 1.10 update yet 😞

AnnieC
Protege
I've never had a version since 1.3 which was not compatible with my DK2. Every version worked, aside from the IPD adjustment which is not available in the new software.

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
I just messaged my buddy who has my DK2 to see if he had any problems with any of the updates.  I'll let you know what he says.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Mwilliams78
Expert Protege
My Dk2 hasn't had any issues with any of the updates.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You were able to use the DK2 even if you didn't have usb 3.0. Than 1 update made it so apps wouldn't launch. Not sure if this is what the OP is referring too.

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
ooo man i spoke to soon..I installed Oculus setup and it worked with the DK2 then it started updating again now same problem as before it definately not a hardware issue but it does seem the check after update does looks at pc spec, and if they dont quite meet expected the ocilus interface simply disappears..which is a bummer as it is not even a CV1

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
They just fixed it..DK2 is back ladies 😄

Bagnet
Expert Protege
i've been able to plug mine back into USB3 and the disconnects don't seem to be happening.(Every 30 seconds before.. i had to use USB2 and nothing in home worked.. steam VR was fine though lol) I wonder if this is a coincidence or is there a fix in here for that?

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
it probably is a fix..no way everyone with a DK2 is all of a sudden back lol