cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devs, you MUST support sim racing users too.

THEFROZENCITY
Explorer

Hey. devs

many of sim racing users chose oculus rift cv1 than htc vive, because you oculus rift cv1 could do motion cancellation

by mounting sensor on motion rig. and of course I am one of them. but after you guys updated auto height recentering

all of oculus rift cv1 users who bought for sim racing with motion rigs are totally screwed.

and I know that some users requested to handle this issue, but you guys just keep ignoring them.

ironically, now steam vr support motion cancellation by using external app. and most of oculus rift cv1 users must use

REVIVE for motion cancellation. this is very bad situation.  

many people who use motion rigs with vr believed that oculus rift cv1 is the best choice for moiton rig, and they

actually bought rift cv1 instead of htc vive. and now they (including me) are totally screwed now.

so, please DO NOT just ignore us and stop to be silent. I know we are not big part of rift users but, we are

the people who believed that rift is the best choice. I still love oculus rift cv1 and I really don't want to use

htc vive on sim racing. but if you guys keep silent, we have to use htc vive eventually. because using REVIVE

with oculus rift cv1 is just crazy and very annoying. and some games don't work normally.

Just take care of us too. at least if you guys don't have plan to support for overcoming this issues. just tell us that

you don't have to plan or you cannot. it is painful for us to wait more.

I and we need answer. positive or negative, any kind of answer will be way better than NO ANSWER.

so we can find our own way.

THANKS.

22 REPLIES 22

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

vannagirl said:

Morgrum said:

But then who would keep Vannagirl company!

Thank you Soldier, he almost was moving out!!! 😐

What rig do you use btw

I use the 3 DoF version. http://dofreality.com/ ; It really is an Amazing Rig for the price.

Linked from their site that's me playing ED. The sensors are above me mounted to the rafters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT-xpS1jRZA

WAAAGH!

Wagnard
Honored Guest

Morgrum said:

I use a 360 sensor setup with my motion rig and I have no issues with my rift in flight and driving games.
You just have to do a rescan of the sensors while in the chair for proper height before you start.

Thanks for the advice, but not possible if you have Heave and 360 degree Yaw.

AussieStig
Expert Protege
Just curious guys. I use different motion systems for testing sim racing equipment. I just bought the CV1 touch bundle with 2 sensors. Was wondering if I set one sensor up in front of me and the other directly behind me would that help or hinder the situation? I have a DK2 that I have been using for years and the one sensor mounted off rig, directly in front of me has the occasional hiccup but I have learnt to live with that. I would hope that the CV1 might be a little more forgiving and possibly the sensor positioning will have a positive effect. Cheers, AussieStig