cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you know of any 2D plattformer games with VR support? (VR Sidescroller)

Defendor
Explorer
If you played Lucky's Tale underground sections you know kinda what I'm after.
Like what you can see at 06:24 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE1xxPCxp-A&feature=youtu.be&t=6m24s

I want to play the 2D plattforming but with Oculus 3D interaction and effects. A game like Volgarr the Viking or Zelda II but in 3D would be awesome for example. 2D gaming with 3D effects.

Are there any games or will there be any games like that?

EDIT:
Apparently this post is confusing so I'm clarifying. I want a 3D sidescroller.
14 REPLIES 14

leo1954au
Adventurer
You would have to use a program like vorpX  and I don't think it supports those type of games

http://www.vorpx.com/supported-games/

Defendor
Explorer
I don't know what you are talking about. If the game is made as a 2D plattformer with 3D, like in the Lucky's Tale dungeons, then if will of course support 3D since it's made for it?

I'm not talking about playing old 2D games in 3D, I'm asking for new games that are made for 3D but are 2D plattformers in gameplay, like the gameplay in Volgarr or Zelda II.

leo1954au
Adventurer
If you had said in the first place are oculus going to make games like Volgarr or Zelda in the future I would have known what you were talking, Your first post is very confusing

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
I don't know about VR (I'm not interested in 2D games on VR until display quality gets better), but keep an eye for some good deal nearby, if someone sells 3D Vision 2 monitor and/or glasses.
3D Vision is far better quality, and you can achieve surprisingly big FOV even on 24" monitor, if you know how to approach stereoscopic 3D (some brain training is required, takes a few days, then you switch to bigger depth and move closer to the screen).
There are many patches for 2D platform games on helixmod, for true 3D, with no lag, framerate issues and all the adjustments you like (contrast, color vibrance, depth, convergence etc.), and games like Trine or Rayman Legends (or Ori) look simply amazing. Higher resolution adds a lot. Also, better colors and flawless low persistence.
Watch out for someone selling an used set. Just remember to avoid 3D Vision monitors, go only for 3D Vision 2. Glasses are not important, because the difference is low persistence support in the monitor. Glasses work the same no matter if V1 or V2, although V1 wireless version has a factory flaw and you should avoid it unless it costs pennies. I bought them, they died 2 months later. Unrepairable. Just don't. V2 are OK.
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Amphetamine
Adventurer
Any games the support SBS or OU based 3d can be played on Big Screen Beta in 3d mode. I think the Trine series may do SBS mode since they were all developed for 3d from the ground up.

Beyond that, maybe hang on until someone to makes a Nintendo 3DS emulator....

nalex66
MVP
MVP
So basically you want a VR side-scroller. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few games like that... There's that Motorbike game, but it's not really a platformer... There's one called Super Mega Mega that might be what you're looking for. I know I've seen one or two others, but I can't recall them now.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Defendor
Explorer

leo1954au said:

If you had said in the first place are oculus going to make games like Volgarr or Zelda in the future I would have known what you were talking, Your first post is very confusing

No, you are stupid.
nalex66 said:

So basically you want a VR side-scroller. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few games like that... There's that Motorbike game, but it's not really a platformer... There's one called Super Mega Mega that might be what you're looking for. I know I've seen one or two others, but I can't recall them now.

Thanks! I'll check them out. :smile:

cybereality
Grand Champion

Defendor said:
No, you are stupid.

We don't talk to people like that here. Seeing as you just joined the community, please read the rules:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/1443/oculus-forum-rules
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Defendor
Explorer
OK sorry.