cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the desktop monitor matter?

papacrash
Level 2
Hi all.
Just wondering, if a descent monitor with a fast refresh rate, gsync etc has an affect on blurriness and clarity with the rift?
I"m using a Samsung monitor with a 60mhz refresh rate. Have used the debug tool and it clears it up some. Would like to get monitor quality picture clarity if that"s possible. Has anybody achieved this?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Zandil
Level 8
No it won't have an effect on improving the Rift graphics, if anything you want to lower the monitor res and most people drop it to window mode rather than full screen via in game settings.  This won't improve the Rifts graphics but can reduce a slight amount of load on your GPU to help improve the FPS in the Rift. 

papacrash
Level 2
I am running my monitor at 1680x1050 which is my highest setting. What would you suggest ? and thank you just saved me some money.

Zandil
Level 8
What ever game your are playing in VR lower the in game resolution to the lowest possible and in Window mode ( this will only effect what you see on the Monitor NOT what you see in the RIFT), while it's not a huge benefit it can help you gain a few need FPS in the Rift if your running a older GPU.

This doesn't apply to most other graphic settings mind you these will show in the RIFT when changed. 

TwoHedWlf
Level 11

papacrash said:

I"m using a Samsung monitor with a 60mhz refresh rate.


Awesome refresh, man, what monitor refreshes that quick?

Takara01
Level 2
but what if I'm using Virtual Desktop? I'm watching videos that I would see on my monitor, via rift....   Then would the monitor's quality matter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Takara01 said:

but what if I'm using Virtual Desktop? I'm watching videos that I would see on my monitor, via rift....   Then would the monitor's quality matter



Nope. The quality of your monitor makes no difference with Virtual Desktop.

Takara01
Level 2

snowdog said:


Takara01 said:

but what if I'm using Virtual Desktop? I'm watching videos that I would see on my monitor, via rift....   Then would the monitor's quality matter



Nope. The quality of your monitor makes no difference with Virtual Desktop.


Thanks, Snowdog.