cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing something wrong? cant change/edit payment method?!

aamike68
Honored Guest
Hey guys, so I goofed up but I didnt think it would be a big deal to change. I used a credit card that had a $500 limit to preorder my CV1. Obviously that was pretty foolish of me, but in the heat of the moment I completely forgot about the limit. So I tried to change my payment method to a different card the other day and it just refreshed the page with the fields I just filled out, nothing updated, and my old card is still locked in. I tired again just now and im having the same issue, I cant update my payment method? Why would it even give the option to edit it? Any help would be much appreciated guys.
6 REPLIES 6

michealv
Explorer
I'd contact Oculus Support if you're really concerned. But in all honesty, they wont try to charge the card until shipping so unless you are in the March batch then I'd just wait and try again later, the whole payment thing has been pretty buggy from the getgo.
CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.8ghz (water-cooled) | GPU: G1 980ti 6gb | G.Skill Ripjaw's 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 28" Samsung LED 4k monitor (60hz display port) )

aamike68
Honored Guest
Thanks for the reply, yeah i guess ill go ahead and put in a ticket. I just want to have my good card locked in.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I just tried it, and it seems to be working.

Can you try a different browser? I used Chrome.

Can you also let me know if you see any error messages or anything?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

aamike68
Honored Guest
I am also using chrome, i did not receive any error messages either. its as if i just hit refresh, the fields i just filled out are still there. I already put in a support request, but let me try once more in chrome, then ill try firefox.

aamike68
Honored Guest
Wow, well It worked but I had to use my primary checking card, not my "savings" checking card. Well, I can live with that haha, thanks so much for the help guys, sorry about the pointless post, please lock it or let it die 🙂 Also, sorry for adding a support ticket, I know you guys are probably up to your necks in them as it is.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Strange, but glad you got everything working.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV