cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELITE Dangerous Joystick

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer

hi chaps

ive got about £80 to spend on a joystick . I cant go the full whack and got for a warthog (as much as I would like to) so the question remains ...which one`s the best for my budget . Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BadDanME
Expert Protege
The Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS is cheap and great. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

BadDanME
Expert Protege
The Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS is cheap and great. 

Greyman
Superstar
+1 for the t flight Hotas.  I have a warthog, but still use the t flight hotas for elite dangerous.  I like the way you can sit the throttle and stick in your lap and for £30-£40 is is really good value for money.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Get a T-Flight X HOTAS, it's an excellent stick and is as cheap as chips. Then you can spend the £40 you save on a game or two. EVE Valkyrie is currently half price in the Oculus Store.

whosinaname
Explorer
Another suggestion is the 

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Controller

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS-HOTAS-Controller/dp/B01KCHPRXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q...

It is a very good stick as well.  uses the same sensors as the warthog.  Best stick for the price.  Just my 2cents

YoLolo69
Trustee
I agree with whosinaname as this hotas replaced an old expensive X52 and I know now the T16000M hotas is far better than the X52 and I really like it, recognized by Elite out-of-the-box). It seems in your budget according currency. I had some hard time configurating it for Eve I bought yesterday, but that's the game fault as you have to bind yourself all commands for it. Great Hotas in any case.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

VR_2_GPV
Explorer
What makes the t16000m better then the x52? 

vannagirl
Consultant
Go t flight hotas calling it cheap is so off when you recieve its a great quality hotas and the price 😉

Do as harv say and get some games also
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

YoLolo69
Trustee

gpv_knud said:

What makes the t16000m better then the x52? 

Mainly about the precision: the X52 lose center easily, you had to add dead zone often or re-plug it hoping this time it will stay steady. I had quickly Fire #2 having a problem, and I had to open it nearly each month to clean contacts inside. With the X52 in the Configuration window you can't keep a still position, let's say 30 degrees, as the cross is shaking. The T16000M is far more stable and really more precise. It have  something like 16384 precision steps thanks to the same hardware than the warthog where the x52 is far less (256 or 1024 can't remember) and you feel it immediately. And one important part : drivers are nightmare with the X52 and Windows 10, and USB 3.0 port are not its friend. The Thrustmaster is plug and play. I agree the X52 have more buttons due to the rotation selector and the Shift little button, but that's don't justify the difference when playing. After this I bought the Thrustmaster pedals too for fly sim, perfect, and cheap. At least that's my point of view after using both for long.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer

already got valk...its not as good as I thought it was gonna be