cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU VAT and Buyer's VAT ID on the Sales Invoice

brodecki
Honored Guest
Hi, I've tried searching for this topic, but the Search with no sorting or filtering wasn't very helpful 😉

I noticed that all the Sales Invoices I received so far, including those from Oculus VR, as well as those from Facebook Technologies that followed, while including the names and addresses of both parties, only contain the VAT ID of the Seller (since the purchase forms did not have a "Buyer's VAT ID" field), so they don't fully meet the definition of an invoice under our local law.

I've been able to find a thread discussing a similar case, although regarding past purchases and it was stated that Oculus is unable to alter those documents or provide corrections once they are issued (interesting what the obstacles might be, since mistakes do happen and legal systems allow the possibility of a correction document).

However, regarding future purchases, is it possible for me to provide a VAT ID before purchasing more hardware, so that the Sales Invoice that lands into my Inbox after checkout could contain them both?
2 REPLIES 2

quezak
Honored Guest
Bump. Is it possible to add an EU VAT ID before finalizing the purchase? I don't see any options for that in my account settings.

wally505526
Explorer

Bump, @support, can you answer?