cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVE: Valkyrie E3

rupy
Honored Guest

Pre-alpha signup
"It's like Homeworld in first person." Disable Aero and vSync for a completely simulator sickness free experience with 2xHz FPS. Keep the config utility open for tracking to work.
20 REPLIES 20

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
"Snappahead" wrote:
"RorschachPhoenix" wrote:
Funny. I think it looks boring. :lol:
Maybe the VR experience will help there.

If this looks boring, stay away from Elite. It looks intense to me.

I've never had interest in space sims. This could dramatically change with VR. Until then: Not my type of genre.

Edit: Maybe this will be the no.1 multiplayer VR title when the HMDs comes out.

Edit2: http://www.wareable.com/vr/eve-valkyrie ... rpheus-961

"We want to be the best competitive multiplayer in VR and that's it,"

Speaking of the controller, Oculus is experimenting with hand-tracking, as is CCP with its VR Labs projects, but that sort of input would be out of place in a title like this. Erich Cooper, a game designer on Valkyrie, confirmed that joystick support is being currently being worked on, much to the delight of some fans.

There's no single player campaign mode whatsoever in EVE: Valkyrie - O'Brien pointed out these are "hugely expensive" to produce even when not developing for VR and returned to his theme of focus and making the best multiplayer VR game.

... It's the same sort of style but we don't want players to have had to play EVE Online to play this, we want to be more accessible."

CCP's Audio Lead Jonathan McCavish says it is one of the only game developers to have taken Oculus up on the offer of using its 3D stereo sound plug-in. So the team is now working to add binaural sound to the head-tracking so that you can hear which direction your enemies are shooting at you, for instance.

As for a release date, the party line is that Valkyrie will ship when the hardware ships. According to Cooper, if the Oculus Rift goes on sale before the end of 2015, Valkyrie will be ready. In a Q&A, O'Brien wouldn't be drawn on whether Valkyrie will launch on the consumer Oculus Rift or Sony's Project Morpheus first if there is a gap between when we can buy the VR headsets.

Edit3: http://overmental.com/content/eve-valky ... irmed-9192

Sadly, there was no word on Valve/HTC’s Vive headset. It seems that the Oculus was CCP’s device of choice for the PC version of the game.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

Pokey
Honored Guest
Positional audio: yay!

Hearing lasers in space: boo!

willste
Explorer
Yeah the easiest way for me was to sign up for the free 30 day trial. That let me make a username and password.

Kind of glad I have my DK2 still. Hopefully I get to try this.

rupy
Honored Guest
New Video in OP
"It's like Homeworld in first person." Disable Aero and vSync for a completely simulator sickness free experience with 2xHz FPS. Keep the config utility open for tracking to work.

RiftXdev
Explorer
Dogfighting needs high resolution, in my opinion. I hope this game delivers. It has the potential to but it might end up being just a big busy headache.
DK1 | DK2
"The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"

GSS
Explorer
playing devils advocate if it has Morpheus support it could have vive support, right? Either way looks great! Can't wait to play!

Malkmus1979
Explorer
"RiftXdev" wrote:
Dogfighting needs high resolution, in my opinion. I hope this game delivers. It has the potential to but it might end up being just a big busy headache.

I played it on the Rift, was super sharp, and not a headache at all.

Zandil
Rising Star
One word

SPACESHIP......SPACESHIP........SPACESHIP

darkcrayon
Protege
"Pokey" wrote:
Positional audio: yay!

Hearing lasers in space: boo!

You aren't hearing the actual lasers in space- however the on-board computer in your ship calculates and generates an audible representation of the battle events happening around you. Space battle research has determined that synthesized audio adds additional situational awareness and combat effectiveness to the pilot.

TIMtationX
Honored Guest
Looks great, but I wonder how well it'll run. Elite can barely run without stuttering on my PC, this is gonna be a slideshow lolol