cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience Green Hell in VR in 2021!

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
The hit survival game Green Hell from Creepy Jar is coming to VR and the studio responsible for the virtual reality version, Incuvo, is going to merge the game's highly praised gameplay with an incredible level of immersion, possible only in VR.
Incuvo is a European studio, specializing in VR games. The debut of Green Hell VR is planned for the Q3 of 2021 on PCVR and will later be released on Oculus Quest. The developers are focused on finding the balance between known functions and the virtual reality immersion practices. The pre-production stage is finished and the team is working on the alpha version which will be available a few months before the game's release. The alpha version is going to unveil the VR potential of Green Hell to meet the player’s expectations which are very high since the game became a hit and a devoted community grew around it.
Green Hell is an Open World Survival Simulator set in the faithfully recreated conditions of an Amazon rainforest. The player, alone in the jungle with no food or equipment must survive and find a way out it. In order to succeed the player must learn survival techniques, build shelters, make tools and create weapons to hunt animals for food. All this while fighting hunger, thirst, fatigue, tropical diseases and deteriorating mental health.
Incuvo is a Polish studio with many years of experience in game development. The company was founded in 2012 and since then has established its position worldwide working on hits like Layers of Fear VR and Blair Witch VR. Incuvo consists of a highly qualified and motivated team of experienced developers, graphic artists and researchers. Studio ports and produces VR games on a work for hire basis but also takes on porting projects with no cost to the original creators.
 ❤️ 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not going to buy this. It's gonna be too easy for me thanks to my SAS/Ninja training B) 😄

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Kinda red alarm with the Quest release - devs are probably cutting down the beautiful PCVR graphics to make everything fit the tiny Quest glass shoe right now  :# 

Tumblr

Ven was recently destroyed - all dynamic shadows and other PCVR enhancements down the Quest drain  :'( 

Every time someone mentions upcoming native Quest versions of a PCVR game I start to experience this

Dreyfus Eye Twitch GIF  Gfycat

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RuneSR2 -Have they mentioned if there will be a PC -VR version and a Mobile VR
version, or is it just the dumbed down Mobile VR version they have
planned? I wonder if the Mobile VR version will lack this (video below). Note the the word "shadow".

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

@RuneSR2 -Have they mentioned there will be a PC -VR version and a Mobile VR
version, or is it just the dumbed down Mobile VR version they have
planned? I wonder if the Mobile VR version will lack this (video below). Note the the word "shadow".

I don't know, but I'm sure Hell freezes over before this PCVR elephant gets Quest wings:

https://youtu.be/DmDLagkxe_Q

Uh-oh  :#

p01m1sh5ky7m.jpg

I'm pretty sure you'll get the PCVR version first, and Quest will be a dumbed down port of the PCVR version. Unfortunately some devs seem to suffer some kind of stroke-like condition and then get ideas like "why not also reduce the PCVR version, so the two versions look much like the same thing - then Quest owners won't be too envious and the PCVR version will work on a GTX 280"   :#

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"