cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eye Spacing Message Core 2.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the Core 2.0 update every time I lift my rift to see keyboard or monitor and then put it back on my head I get the eye spacing 61mm message...

How can we kill this?

8 REPLIES 8

Ravel_
Explorer
Same here... When I move my head rapidly, my nose touches de side of the lenses.  That results in a small change of the eye-spacing.  And I get the message in the middle of my view.   Very annoying. It happens in the worst of moments. Is there any way to disable that message ?

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
I too suffer from this problem...it seems to stop after a while and sometimes it is worse (more frequent) than others...and sometimes when in a SteamVR game I get the messages both from OH and Steam (I think) popping up lol....but like I said...after like 5/10 minutes it stops but I dont think it is hardware related as it happens even if I hold my head perfectly still but wont happen if I shake my head....'tis strange.
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

YoLolo69
Trustee
When I checked Youtube video to discover the new Dash I found a video of a guy who had exactly the same problem and the popup appeared each few seconds on the video, so your guys are not alone for sure 😉

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

fd0024
Protege
It was doing it to me on Steam all the time and it does it all the time after 2.0

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you think you've found a bug, please click Help Center on the lower left of the Oculus app, then click Provide Feedback and add a description of the problem with your log files. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
OK I seemed to have solved my problem with this (fingers crossed).
I had my Oculus software and apps installed on a different drive...I uninstalled Oculus and reinstalled it on my C drive (SSD) and everything seems to be working fine again...the version of Oculus home has reset to the old home version and everything is working as it should (if not better)...I didnt need to setup my headset or sensors again and also my apps and games that I am re-installing seem to have saved my progress in-game which I was surprised about.
Conclusion - The software doesnt like being on a different drive or on a non SSD drive...or...the new home software was causing the IPD thing.
I havent tried SteamVR yet but I will post here what happens...if the IPD thing starts again then it could well be SteamVR causing it.
EDIT...SteamVR is working perfectly again now (No IPD messages at all).
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

falken76
Expert Consultant

CodeTen68 said:

OK I seemed to have solved my problem with this (fingers crossed).
I had my Oculus software and apps installed on a different drive...I uninstalled Oculus and reinstalled it on my C drive (SSD) and everything seems to be working fine again...the version of Oculus home has reset to the old home version and everything is working as it should (if not better)...I didnt need to setup my headset or sensors again and also my apps and games that I am re-installing seem to have saved my progress in-game which I was surprised about.
Conclusion - The software doesnt like being on a different drive or on a non SSD drive...or...the new home software was causing the IPD thing.
I havent tried SteamVR yet but I will post here what happens...if the IPD thing starts again then it could well be SteamVR causing it.
EDIT...SteamVR is working perfectly again now (No IPD messages at all).

I think it's more likely it was the Beta.  You can confirm this by opting back into beta to see if it keeps happening, if so, back out of the beta and it should be working fine again.

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
Latest update...the IPD message is back whenever I load a game or app from Steam...bugger!