cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook account required for new Oculus hmd users Oct 2020 - existing users can wait to Jan 2023

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
More here:

https://www.oculus.com/blog/a-single-way-to-log-into-oculus-and-unlock-social-features/

Today, we’re announcing some important updates to how people log into Oculus devices, while still keeping their VR profile. Starting in October 2020:

• Everyone using an Oculus device for the first time will need to log in with a Facebook account.

• If you’re an existing user and already have an Oculus account, you’ll have the option to log in with Facebook and merge your Oculus and Facebook accounts.

• If you’re an existing user and choose not to merge your accounts, you can continue using your Oculus account for two years.

After January 1, 2023, we will end support for Oculus accounts. If you choose not to merge your accounts at that time, you can continue using your device, but full functionality will require a Facebook account. We will take steps to allow you to keep using content you have purchased, though we expect some games and apps may no longer work. This could be because they include features that require a Facebook account or because a developer has chosen to no longer support the app or game you purchased. All future unreleased Oculus devices will require a Facebook account, even if you already have an Oculus account.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

1,250 REPLIES 1,250

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

NsurgNt said:

Again with the condescending, talk

You're the one who compared me to Hitler and then made reference to your privates. I'm not resorting to such antics in the slightest.

I just want to make
Facebook Great Again, Yeeeeah.     

Well you have already been helping make Facebook great, since you've been actively supporting them from 2018-2020.

This week is the week you decided to prove Zuckerberg 100% correct when he told the world that he knew you'd be back
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/92335/facebook-knows-youll-be-back-soon-enough/p1

🙂

NsurgNt
Protege
You should perhaps look up the meaning of words before you equate them to things that do not apply. And if you would just tell me how much you get I would be a happier person because of it. But I would be ecstatic if you told how i could get in on some of that sweet Facebook action man. Since I'm doing such a great job of Making Facebook Great Again. you should throw a little of that cheddar MY way. Look, its not my fault that people are jumping ship in droves. So many in fact that The big Z is forcing people to sign up for a service they don't want. I am just doing my part to Make Facebook Great Again YYYeeeeeeeaaaaaahhh.  

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

NsurgNt said:

You should perhaps look up the meaning of words

Hmm, this seems to apply more in your case considering you've been reading the words "From Facebook" on your Oculus products and this forum since 2018, yet here you are in 2020 mad that you've been supporting Facebook for 2 years.
😉

its not my fault that people are jumping ship in droves.

Agreed. In fact, it's nobodies fault, because that's not happening. Nobody is jumping ship in droves. Not even you.
🙂

NsurgNt
Protege
Smells like DC in here!!! Yes indeed, the very air abounds in DC. Still looking for that pm brother, cmon man just a ballpark would suffice and tell me how to get in on the deal.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

NsurgNt said:

Smells like DC in here!!! Yes indeed, the very air abounds in DC.

Agreed! Now that it's been exposed that you've been actively supporting Facebook since 2018... you are in full DC mode!
🙂

NsurgNt
Protege
Cant jump a ship you were never on board, and only one reason to force others to get onboard is if the vessel isn't sea worthy. But all this small talk just skirts what I really want to know. And you don't have to make it public just shoot it to me in a PM. And then together we can Make Facebook Great Again Yeeeeeeah.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

NsurgNt said:

Cant jump a ship you were never on board

Smells like DC in here! Your post history don't lie. Active since 2018 on the "From Facebook" forum.

Looks like now you're jumping on the DC Ship! All aboooaaarrdd!!
😄

NsurgNt
Protege
I know you want to give it up I can sense that you want a partner, someone who will embrace the Big Z and help shore up the gaping holes on the sinking ship that is Facbook. I am here, ready to commit to the cause brother, of course we have to work out the details, and it all starts with that PM we have been discussing. But I am totally committed to Making Facebook Great Again. Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhh. All those people that are trying to jump ship just because of some big ole holes  

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

NsurgNt said:

I know you want to give it up I can sense that you want a partner, someone who will embrace the Big Z and help shore up the gaping holes on the sinking ship that is Facbook. I am here, ready to commit to the cause brother, of course we have to work out the details, and it all starts with that PM we have been discussing. But I am totally committed to Making Facebook Great Again. Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhh. All those people that are trying to jump ship just because of some big ole holes  

^^
Look at all that beautiful DC, my 2018 Facebook Supporting friend!

So let's see... you created you "From Facebook" account in 2018, in an effort to show your support of Facebook. But then you went quiet in 2019. Kinda reminds me of a quote that was shared on this forum very recently...

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing."
🙂

Ok enough.

This is a forum where everyone is supposed to be able to express a view and counterview without things getting personal.
Views and counterviews in themselves aren't attacks, they're just view and counterviews, all posters should be able to post without this turning into a school playground exchange.

The very next post that includes a reference to any other member with an adjective or noun that's derogatory will result in a warning. If anyone's not sure what derogatory words might get them warned, I suggest they simply don't refer to other peoples posts, just repeat their own view if necessary, although stating a view once is probably enough.

It's a shame this can't be debated rationally without exaggeration, rants or insults but it obviously can't.