cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got my 780ti!

Dewm
Honored Guest
Just a couple more weeks and I'll also have my Oculus 😄 life is looking good.

(Side note) I picked up the asus 780ti goes for $580.00 on newegg, with a $30.00 mail in rebate, AND a copy of the new borderlands. Thats a bargain 😄

Annnddd if you want to see my excitement check the link below. 😄
http://youtu.be/32SpBq33bqU
15 REPLIES 15

standtall007
Protege
Hi there, i am pretty newbish when it comes to graphics cards... i have the DK2 but i am in the need of building a custom pc in order to be able to develop / play properly, meaning that with my Geforce GTX 680MX 2GB (in an iMac!) i can get a maximum framerate of 60fps, which makes me motion sick pretty quick 😞 so i want to know if there is an certain model in the 980 series that is better (EVGA, Asus or Gigabyte etc...) i really appreciate your input 🙂 Thanks in advance 😉

Cheers.

P.s i mean in est. i know they just came out today 😉
ASUS Maximus VII Formula Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz 32GB DDR3 Ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB Windows 10 Pro 64bit GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz ------------------------------------------- DK2 Owner CV1 Preordered.

raidx
Protege
I dont want to be a party breaker but the 980 just got released yesterday.

DX12
MFAA that suppose to crank FPS to the max using anti aliasing
Voxel Global Illumination (VXGIFor realistic lighting, shading and reflections
Faster than the 780Ti
Lower voltage
HDMI2.0 that support 4k at 60hz
Adaptive V-Sync
VR Focus (I dont know if the sli vr is a driver thing or an hardware one tho)

Anyway still a very very nice card there (the 780Ti)

bigmike20vt
Visionary
"standtall007" wrote:
Hi there, i am pretty newbish when it comes to graphics cards... i have the DK2 but i am in the need of building a custom pc in order to be able to develop / play properly, meaning that with my Geforce GTX 680MX 2GB (in an iMac!) i can get a maximum framerate of 60fps, which makes me motion sick pretty quick 😞 so i want to know if there is an certain model in the 980 series that is better (EVGA, Asus or Gigabyte etc...) i really appreciate your input 🙂 Thanks in advance 😉

Cheers.

can you plug in any gpu into a mac? i thought you had to have special versions? (you certainly used to have to and they were a rip off unless you got the right pc card and flashed it yourself)

as for your question, as we are looking at reference cards at the moment, there wont be much in it. buy the cheapest one you can or one with the best warranty. zotac usually are high on my list as they have good warranty and yet price at the lower end.

edit... just reread doh!.. you are building a new pc, in which case, if you buy a reference then go with above....

if by the time you are ready to go the custom cards are out, then actually I would still look at zotac myself. the 980 amp is the one calling me at the moment.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-068-ZT
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

standtall007
Protege
"bigmike20vt" wrote:
"standtall007" wrote:

Cheers.

can you plug in any gpu into a mac? i thought you had to have special versions? (you certainly used to have to and they were a rip off unless you got the right pc card and flashed it yourself)

as for your question, as we are looking at reference cards at the moment, there wont be much in it. buy the cheapest one you can or one with the best warranty. zotac usually are high on my list as they have a 5 year warranty and yet price at the lower end.

Actually i have to build a totally new computer to do this i was just mentioning that i couldn't get further up than 60fps on this iMac 🙂 but no it is not possible to change the graphics card unless i want to buy a whole new iMac (which i don't after i figured out that custom builded pc's run way faster and better :P) But thanks for the tip it'll definitely help 😉 Cheers.
ASUS Maximus VII Formula Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz 32GB DDR3 Ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB Windows 10 Pro 64bit GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz ------------------------------------------- DK2 Owner CV1 Preordered.

Dewm
Honored Guest
"itypo" wrote:
"goldenegg" wrote:
"adamski07" wrote:
Grats on your new card! I'm getting the 980 today! Currently on 680 after selling my 780s 😄

How are you getting a 980? They haven't been released yet.

They were released today mate! Return your 780Ti and get a GTX980!

haha it'd figure, the one time in history they release a new card thats cheaper than its predecessor. Oh well. I still like the 780ti, and so what if I suck a lill more juice. Just means my room will be a little warmer this winter :cry:

blanes
Rising Star
Sold my 780 on ebay ( 4 months old ) pickup my MSI gtx970 Gaming tomorrow ! 🙂

Looked at the 980 but the price/performance ratio is imho considerably better on the 970 and in a few months when the price drops I will pickup another for some VR-SLi gaming goodness !